Chapter 30 : Young and feeling old

Start from the beginning

-As one of our foreign students, I'm glad to give you this diploma. You deserved it. Congratulations.

-Thank you very much sir.

We wait on the stage before going downstairs and sit on the chairs reserved to us. After another long... endless and monotonous speech, the dirrector makes all of us climb the stage to throw our caps away. We count " three, two, one " and throw our caps in the air, celebrating the true end of our university years and our arrival in the active life. I see Lee in a verge of tears, clapping his hands as he sees me, smiling before filming another scene. We then go downstairs again to join those who followed us, and I leave Lee with some people to talk a bit to my parents by Skype before being taken away by Roxanne, Patricia and Marion.

-My brother said that Lee cried during your turn. Patricia says with a big smile

-No way ! I say, turning my head to Lee who talks to people around him

-I was soooo cute ! Bring him to the prom tomorrow ! He's your boyfriend anyway !

-I'm gonna do that.

I have to go and get Lee to go back to the villa. Next day, during the evenning, I choose to wear a bustle black dress for the prom, with high heels, a little jacket covering my shoulders. Lee had some work to do, he's not sure to be here. I arrive at the university with Roxanne who immediatly joins her own boyfriend, I'm brought in the changing room by some other students who are going to play the song with me, to make a short briefing. I want to wait for Lee, but... somehow we're a bit busy, and he won't be here. I'll sing at 10:45PM, I'm the last person who will sing to this concert... not a pleasure but I'll try.

We spend some time with girls, talking about some stuff, weddings coming soon... especially mine. Going back to France to celebrate my wedding is going to be... emotional. Our concert starts at 9:45PM. Some people call be to go to the changing room to get prepared, Lee's not here. I'll sing without his presence, he'll maybe see a record on youtube, due to the amount of people starting to film me while some others are clapping their hands.

-Ok so... I say, taking the microphone, I'm going to sing " Wicked Game " with the super band behind me. Their band is named " Black Rubis ", check them up. I hope you guys like it.

People scream a loud " Yeah ! ". I make a sign to the guitarist and to the bassist to start playing, the drummer starts too. The crowd is big, I wonder where my friends are. The lights are all on the scene, I don't see anyone. Our song is a soft metal, a bit like a slow, to correspond to everyone's taste and not be too much... well. Disliked. I start singing with a sweet voice, people clap their hands. I don't pay attention, I try to keep singing until arriving to the main part where my voices turns higher.

-No, I don't want to fall in love... I turn my head up, raising my hand to make people sing the next part

-This girl is only gonna break your heart. people sing with the bassist and the guitarist

-No, I don't want to fall in love...

-This girl is only gonna break your heart.

-With you.

I keep singing with the crowd almost singing with me. This is a super nice experience, even if I can't see anyone in the crowd. I can't see the crowd at all. My heart is pounding a bit more until we arrive at the true end where I have to sing a sing a long " No, I... ". With a high voice. Damn. I turn my head up to listen the crowd singing " This girl is only gonna break your heart. " while I do the long " I ", almost loosing my voice at the end. I can barely sing the last sentence.