Chapter 11: Impending Doom

Start from the beginning

"'Mom' sounds good for Andrea, dad."

I smiled down at our son but I told him to go follow his mom because I still had to change my clothes and shower quickly. Getting some shirt, sweatpants and boxers, I locked the door and found myself facing my wife and jumped out of my skin.

"A-Andrea, you scared five years away from my life." I nervously laughed, trying to calm my heart down but failed because it stayed the same, if not faster, for seeing my wife naked as the day she was born.

"I thought you went to the kitchen?"

"I was in the kitchen but only for a short time. I checked up on Margaret with our dinner and went here."

"Then why are you here?"

"I told you I would calm you down." Andrea sultrily said and I had to gulp. Her voice laced with pent-up desire, making her dangerous and giving her edge. Of course I can't deny that I was aroused especially seeing my wife's growing bump.

In fact, I felt like this time around would be one of the times I am the hardest beyond words and imagination could ever provide.

Seeing that awoken another side of possessiveness because that bump signifies I gave her a part of me that no one will and can ever do and that we made another life that manifests our love for each other.

That thought alone plus her seducing me like this?

A man could not ask and wish for more.

                         "What took you so long, mom and dad?" Matt asked when he was rather impatiently waiting for us at the table and Andrea had the grace to blush.

"Sorry, patatino. I was hurting and your mom took care of me." I said but half admittedly which had Tobias blushing like a mad man but covered fast by lowering his head. Margaret was another story. The poor, old woman blushed crimson she started to look like she was going to pass out.

"Where were you hurt? Are you alright now?" Matt then immediately stood up and quickly scanned my body, looking for an injury of some sort and I felt bad that I had to lie. Well, I didn't really lie. I just didn't tell him which hurt.

"I'm perfectly fine now, patatino. Don't worry about me and I'm sorry you had to wait." I apologized and he just smiled warily.

"Are you sure you're not hurt anymore?" He inquired again and I nodded, assuring him and felt really guilty for blurting out a white lie.

"Yes, darling. Now let's go eat!" Andrea had to butt in and I smiled at her thankfully because she probably knows I was getting guiltier each second that passed.

To say that Margaret was a good cook is an understatement. She can whip up a pretty mean ravioli and I accompanied it with a light red wine which made up my evening. Of course Andrea did not drink red wine, much to her distaste, but she was offered to a glass of lemonade, which only annoyed her even more and she had the scowl the whole dinner time. On the other hand, Matt had to ask for a second glass of lemonade because he enjoyed it that much.

Tobias did not drink wine and thinking about it now, he never drank within the seven years that he is employed to me. I have no qualms about it and I salute him for that.

"Sir, I would have to talk to you after dinner." Tobias told me and I nodded discreetly but my wife looked at me, questioning me with her eyes.

"Of course, you'll go with me." I grumbled. "Matt, you go stay with Margaret for awhile and wait for your mom to tuck you in, okay?"

Matt just made an approving noise because his mouth was full and we had to laugh at him for that and silently thanked him for lifting the atmosphere of the room.

When we were all finished and Margaret took all of our plates and placed it in the dishwasher so she can stay with Matt, Andrea and I followed Tobias to the security room.

My hands were getting clammy but Andrea squeezed it to reassure me that everything will be fine. I squeezed her hand back to reassure her the same and kissed her hand.

"So, what's up, Tobias?" Andrea was the first to break the silence between the three of us and Tobias obviously stiffened.

"William Smith's parole is nearing and I can't afford but to worry a lot more." Tobias explained. "I had someone eye him inside the prison and my source overheard the subject talking to another prisoner and they were talking about what they would do the first thing they get out that hell."

With his chilling tone of his voice, I had to straighten my stance and offered console to my wife who also awaits the continuation of William's conversation with the other prison mate.

"William said that he will pay a visit to the people who put him in there." Tobias said and with so much venom a cobra should be ashamed.

"Figlio di putana!" I cursed vulgarly, losing my sense of rationality but immediately felt my wife's hands on my arms, patting me gently and her feeble attempts of calming me down worked its magic quickly.

"Baby, calm down. You cursing won't do us any good, okay?" Andrea said and without me knowing it beforehand, my body tuned it to hers and synced my breathing with hers and it effectively calmed me down.

"I will keep you safe, I promise. I'd be damned if you will end up with him, Andrea. I won't let you get harmed again." I said, trying to convince her that I would protect her at all cost.

It's just that I don't know whom I was convincing, her or me.

With an enigmatic yet conniving man like William Smith needs to be fûcking put down before he alarms not only me but my entire family and I would do anything that it would take to do just that.

~

A/N: hi everyone! sorry for the very late upload a lot of things happened within the past few weeks

we terminated our wifi bc the service was crap so it's pretty hard looking for a connection and well, im kinda trying to move on from a guy i love for almost a year now so oh well life goes on hahhaha oh and im an aunt to a beautiful baby girl, too! wow

my university life is about to start in 2 weeks, too! damn after my 5 month long summer and it comes to an end :(

thank you for patiently waiting for the next chapter and see you in the next one!

yours, kat x