Chapter Three - Maysilee

Chapter Three 

Maysilee

I hurl various objects at the walls, not really caring about what they are. The only thing untouched is the stereo, which is blasting Linkin Park. Everything else is broken, even my hands which were cut open when a lamp I'd grabbed shattered before I had the chance to throw it. But I don't care about the blood running down my hands and onto the white carpet. I don't care about anything right now.

The door opens and Lucius pokes his head in, "May, someone's here to-" "Get out!" I scream aiming the next object I find at his head. The door slams shut and I watch as a New York snow globe smashes against it. Bugger, I really liked that snow globe.

I flop down on the floor, burying my head in a bundle of torn clothes. I want to cry, but no tears come forth. I hear the door open again and I try not to hiss. "I thought I told you to get out." I say, the clothes muffling my words a bit. "You told Luke to get out but I can leave if you want." I lift my head to see my Will sitting cross legged in front of me, his warm brown eyes full of worry.

Without thinking, I leap up and wrap my arms around his neck. "No, please don't go." I can feel his lips smiling on my neck, "Couldn't leave you if I tried." I hug him tighter and curl up in his arms. I'd love to stay there forever but Will deems the state of my hands more important.

"Oh God. May, you're bleeding!" I place my hands in my lap and stare at them. "It's not so bad." Will gets up and finds a bandaid somewhere and sticks it over a cut across my palm. "What happened between you and Luke?" I consider lying for a moment, since I'll never be able to tell him the full story, but one look into those warm eyes and I melt.

"You know the nightmares I have?" He nods and pulls me back onto his lap. "He basically told me to get over it. He doesn't understand that... that they actually happened." "Oh May." Will whispers, pulling me closer. I lay my head on his shoulder, tears beginning to trail down my face. So now the tears come. Of course.

"Does he know it's how your family died?" I moan and sob into his shirt. "It's ok May. I'm sorry, I won't mention it again." For some reason this makes me cry more, maybe it's because the memories I've tried so hard to bury during my waking hours are threatening to make an appearence. "Please don't cry." Will murmurs into my hair. But I'm not listening to him. I'm back exactly seven hundred years ago, hearing the terrified screams of my little sister.

x

"May, stop! What's happened to you?" I snarl and continue moving towards the pretty girl until she reaches the wall and is forced to stop. I wipe the blood from my lips and kick the body of the woman lying on the ground out of the way. She looks over my shoulder desperately and relief floods through her face. "Lucas! Help, something's wrong with May!"

"Maysilee," I turn my head, snarling at the boy who made me this way. "You don't want this." I smile at him, "Oh but you see Lucas, I really do." I whirl around, seizing the girl by the throat. "Elizabeth!" Lucas cries, but he doesn't move to stop me. I look into the tear filled blue eyes of the girl. She whimpers and without hesitation, I sink my teeth into the side of her neck.

x

I flash back to the present to find Lucius and Will both standing over me with worried expressions on their faces. I'm vaguely aware that I'm screaming.

"May? Can you hear me?"

"Obviously not you idiot."

"Luke, shut up and call an ambulance!"

This captures my attention, "No! No ambulances!" Ambulances mean hospitals. Hospitals mean doctors. Doctors listen for heartbeats, which I don't have.

They both look at me in surprise. "May? Are you okay baby?"

"Does she look okay Will?"

"Honestly Luke, shut up!" 

Will looks at me his eyes full of worry and I nod. "I'm fine." "Are you sure? You looked like you were having a seizure." I just nod again. "I'm okay, Will. It was just a flashback of... of..." I trail off and Will lifts me into his arms. It's only then do I realize that I'm shaking. "I should take you home... get you ready for school..." I manage a nod and let him carry me bridal style out to his Landie. He places me in the passenger seat, buckles me in and then plants a quick kiss on my head before going around and getting in the drivers side. 

Luc leans in the window, looking at me with sad eyes. "I'll see you guys at school." Will merely nods before shifting the car into drive and pulling out onto the dirt road. "You better not be taking me to a hospital." I say watching as pine after pine tree flies past. Will laughs. "No I really am taking you home." I smile at him, "Good because I don't want to miss school." Will goes silent for a second before taking my hand with his free one. "Are you sure you're okay though? I've never seen that happen to you before." I shrug. "That's what I'm like whenever I have a nightmare. But it's never happened during the day before..."

We continue climbing up the mountain, in to where there are more and more trees. I live on the same mountain as Lucius, but only because it's so quiet and I can see the stars at night. "We pull into my driveway and I jump out, unlocking the door quickly. I've barely taken a step inside before Will grabs me by the hand and I turn to face him. "Are you sure you're okay? Really okay?" I smile and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "One hundred and ten percent sure." I turn and walk silently to my room, Will trailing along behind me.

This is dangerous, my voice pipes up. Yes, I hear a voice in my head. Her name's Felix, and like my nightmares, she isn't supposed to exist. It's getting harder to control your need for fresh blood Maysilee, admit it! You could hurt him... She throws an image at me of Will, bled white and unmoving, with gaping teeth marks in his neck... I shove her to the back of my mind. I can take care of myself, Felix.

I flop down onto my white four poster bed and Will sits down next to me. I feel his hand run up and down my back, pausing to massage a spot along my spine every now and then. "I don't think you should go to school today." I sigh. I'm not in the mood to argue, not with the sun filtering through my window/wall. It's like the one i have at Lucius's, but much bigger. I roll onto my back. "And what, I ask, would I do all day?"

"Well," Will says leaning down so that our noses are barely touching. "I thought that I could stay with you and keep you awake so those nightmares don't come back." I blush and roll to the other side of the bed. "And how would you do that?" Will climbs onto my bed and positions himself above me. My breathing quickens and I swear, if my heart were still beating it'd be going a mile a minute. I catch the morning sun glinting off his golden hair and decide that its probably the best colour I've ever seen. He smiles and leans in closer, closing his eyes the same time i shut my own. "Like this." And then i feel him press his lips to mine.

A/N

Hey there Wattpaders! How are you finding my little story so far hmm? I hope you're enjoying it. Please vote and comment for me!

Love you guys :D

Jacqui