Sticks and Stones may Break my Bones... Pt 2

Start from the beginning

                     I stared down the figure too, trying to see what it was. White face, dark blue outfit, large body structure….. I shut my eyes for a moment in hopes of clearing them of the watery tears, and when I opened them again the white was right in my face. I would’ve jumped with surprise if I could’ve, but I did manage the slight squeak that would accompany the jump. With my vision almost fully clear and the face so close I could finally see that it was Michael Myers. Michael Myers? What was he doing here? Then again, not like I should be all that surprised- he does stalk me daily, after all. But he never came inside my house. He took my head in his hands again and tilted it to the right, bringing something very close to my face. Then the prodding feeling started, slowly running down along my cheekbone. I stared at him while he silently worked, doing whatever it was he was doing to my face. Whatever he was doing couldn’t be that bad since Freddy was letting him, so I pushed the worry-fueled nausea that was rising in my throat back down to the depths of my stomach, trying to squelch it down to nothing. I could tell the prodding should be hurting, but the pains coming from the rest of my body were over-riding the smaller pains from the prodding.

                     After a moment I felt a tighter tug and heard a small snap, then the prodding stopped and Michael pulled his hands away from my face. He stood staring at me for a moment, examining my body carefully, then turned his head to stare at Freddy. Freddy caught his gaze and nodded, picking up a small white plastic bottle from my dresser. He opened it and tipped it into his hand, small rattlings coming from inside it like bones being thrown across a rock. He replaced the bottle on the dresser and walked over to me, showing me the small, white, round pill he was holding.

                     “Take this. It’s supposed to help relax you.” He gently pried my mouth open and slipped the pill near the back of my throat. He let go of my mouth and it snapped shut with a small click sounding from my teeth knocking against each other, and I swallowed the pill, though it didn’t go down easily. I layed there and waited for the pill to take effect, watching Michael apply different medical type things to my body where it was needed.  Hmm. I wonder why Michael was fixing me up in the first place? He had never exactly seemed like a gentle type of guy to me, what with his physical appearance and lack of speech and all. Then again, Freddy wasn’t exactly someone I would consider to be gentle either, yet he was usually gentle and careful around me, trying not to break me all the time, although sometimes he would lose his temper and snap at me, sometimes hurting me and other times catching himself before he did.

                     It was all so confusing. Freddy was a different kind of guy to me, and I just can’t understand why; why he’s nice to me and not someone else, why he always seemed to be around me, why he’d help me, try to make me laugh, comfort me when I cried, take revenge when I couldn’t. It just made no sense. Why was he so different to me? What made me special? I mentally shook myself, snapping back to reality. I daydreamed too much. I realized with a bit of a start that my muscles did feel a bit more relaxed and that I could actually move my jaw now without so much effort needed. I decided to test my voice, to see if it was any different with the stiffness of my jaw.

                     “Fr…Freddy?” I choked out in a raspy, worn voice. It was still pretty hard to talk, but not impossible. My voice grabbed his immediate attention. With eyes wide, he said rushedly,

                     “Alesha? Can you talk now? What the hell happened to you?” I stared up at him and instinctively gave him the answer he hated the most.

                     “I…..I don’t know.” His face rapidly changed from worry to anger, his eyes growing dark, balling his hands into fists at his sides, his already red skin actually turning even redder.