Chapter 3- Lucy Knight

Lucy heard her phone vibrate across her nightstand, but the pull to sleep was too strong. Her mother had summoned her up an hour ago and as soon as she had left, Lucy had crawled back into bed.

Staying awake for most of the night waiting for 30 Seconds to Mars to release their concert tickets was not one of her greatest ideas, particularly as they sold out within minutes and she was once again thwarted from purchasing them. It was for the best anyway, there was no way her mother would let her go, she mused to herself as she reached out one arm to retrieve the annoying phone that had not stopped ringing for the last hour.

Rubbing her eyes groggily, she checked the messages.

"Lucy, call me as soon as you read this, Nathan" followed by several others demanding she get out of bed from her mother and three missed calls from Nathan.

The fact that her mother knew she had climbed back into bed as soon as she left made her smile to herself. There was nothing that woman did not know and her smile drifted away, washed away with the sadness of reality that her mother had left this morning to discuss her divorce. Lucy could not have hated her step father more in that moment when her mother had left, knowing when she returned their family would be destroyed forever.

The doorbell ringing returned her back to reality and she reluctantly threw the duvet off, grabbing her dressing gown from the door as she headed to stop the deafening racket.

'Nathan, what is wrong?' Having to steady herself as he launched past her into the house.

'How much do you love me? No do not answer that, I cannot compete, just a mere mortal and all.' He had removed his jacket and was now stood arms folded, looking extremely cute, eyes sparkling with the news he was dying to share and his hair, flopping to one side as he swept in back in exasberation at Lucy's slow reaction.

'Sorry, what? I got no sleep last night and it was pointless. I'm going back to bed.' She had just placed her foot on the first step when the sounds of Nathan's voice brought her a thousand caffeine infused energy drink level of stimulus.

'I got the tickets, Lucy, I got the freaking tickets.' Nathan was waving the email confirmation in her face and Lucy threw herself into his arms as he steadied himself and tenderly brushed the lock of hair that had fallen loose from her ponytail behind her ear.

'I promised I would didn't I, now how much do you love me really?'

With everything going on in Lucy's life, Nathan was the only thing she had that was untainted and wrapping her arms around the six foot, eighteen-year-old boy, her saviour.

'You know I love you with or without tickets right?' Lucy grinned impishly as Nathan spun her round the room, seemingly reluctant to put her down, but she did not mind. It had been two years since her feelings for him had grown more than just friends, but fearing it would change everything and she would lose him, it had remained her greatest secret. That and the fact her mother would never have let her see him, had she known the depth to her emotion for him.

Dating was out of the question for Lucy Knight as much as not cleaning every surface in the house several times a day was for her mother.

'You are the best, but we need to figure out a way I can go without telling my mom.' The thought made her cringe inside. Lying was not Lucy's relationship with her mother, but knowing how the thought of her daughter surrounded by thousands of people at a concert, up close and personal with all that disease potential. It would be a cold day in hell before she would be allowed to go.