Hard Knock Life

^^Picture of Camille^^

Camille POV

I woke up looking at the time on my iPhone six. Eight thirty. Yo I'm late. I thought to myself as I got out of bed."How didn't I hear my alarm?" I mumbled as I went to do my hygiene. I usually hear it. I don't know what's going on with me today.

Of course my mom didn't wake me up. That means she must be off today. Probably high right now passed out in her room. I don't see how she can be such a druggie and still maintain this house. Sometimes I wish I remembered my dad.

He left when I was 8. It's been so long I forgot what he looked like. Before he left he gave me a credit card and told me in a note attached to it that he loved me. He puts Five hundred dollars on it a week so that I'm good. I appreciate it.

I put on my black and gold "WuTang" shirt with cargo jeans, wheat Tim's and my cheetah print snapback. I kept my hair straight grabbed my bag then ran downstairs.

My mom was downstairs on the couch sleep. There was cocaine chopped in rows. It was sitting on the magazine on the table Infront of her."Fucking ridiculous." I mumbled under my breath as I quickly slide the magazine on the shelf under the table.

I looked at my mom one last time before walking out the door. Cassidy smiled waving to me through her car window. Cassidy is my Bestfriend. I've known her since Eigth grade. I smiled getting into the passengers seat.

"Hey Mamas, lets get some Starbucks before school." Cassidy said heading down the road towards the high way. It was quiet for a moment until I broke the silence."Asia's having a house party tonight."

"Damn, Already?" Cassidy asked pulling into Starbucks. She ordered us two carmel frappacinos. After Starbucks she headed towards the school." Are we going?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"Hell yeah!" Cassidy said pulling up to the schools parking lot. I laugh getting out of the car. Me and Cassidy hug before going our separate ways. We don't have all classes together but I was going to see her at lunch.

I walked down the quiet hallways of the school. I stopped at my locker and started to put my combination in."Twenty five..Three.. Fourty." I mumbled as my locker popped open.

I grabbed my book then slammed my locker close. In the process I saw Trevor Lace coming down the hall. He was wearing all white polo shirt, white ripped jeans, a gold rollex and white and gold Jordan 12's.

I know him I guess. He's cool. We've had a couple of classes together in the past. He looks nice though. Probably be having these girls dropping their chins.

He seemed to be on the phone with someone."Wassup Camille." He said as he walked past. I said "Hey" before heading off to class. I knocked on the door of Mr. Jackson's class knowing I was late ass hell.

Some girl opened the door."Ms. Jones you're late. Hurry up and take your seat." Mr. Jackson said pulling down the projector. I made my way to a seat in the back of the class. This was going to be a long day.

I was sitting in third period now bored out if my mind. Finally, The lunch bell rang. I headed to the restroom to look at my hair. I could hear everybody walking past to the lunch room.

When the halls were clear I stepped out of the restroom. I saw Trevor with a girl. She was pushing his shoulder playfully laughing and stuff.

We caught each other's eyes as I walked by. "I'm over her Trevor." I heard the girl say from a distance. When I got to the lunch room I sat next to Cassidy.

"Heeey I missed you." She said giving me a bare hug."Baby girl, Are you ready to go?" I asked her. She nodded her head yes getting up from the table.

Me and Cassidy only have three classes because we have so many credits. So we get to leave after third period.

We started to head to my house so Cass could drop me off. " I'm going to be here after work. Say about nine?" Cassidy informed me. I nodded my head getting out of the car.

I heard her pull off as I walked into the house. My mom was doing cocaine with some guy right there on the magazine."Hey Milly baby." Mom my said trying to hug me." You're high." I said pushing her away.

I didn't want her to touch me."Camille!!" She called after me as I ran to my room. I locked the door then stuffed my face into my pillows.

"AAAAAAAHHHH!!' I screamed to the top of my lungs. The pillow under me started to get soaked as wet tears forced their way out of my eyes. I was highly frustrated.

All she does is get high. And who was that guy?? She's bringing guys home now? She's my embarrassment. If It wasn't for my dad sending me money every week I'd look broke like her!

She doesn't do anything but put food in my stomach. Everything else goes to drugs. I believe my pops only sends cash because he's trying to buy my love or he feels guilty for leaving.

I sniffed as I started to get a headache from crying. I wasn't crying because I was sad. I was crying because I was mad as hell and resented BOTH of my parents. I'm living the hard knock life I swear.

I set an alarm before letting sleep over come my body, and mind.