Ukaku Type

Ukaku

An Ukaku Kagune (Japanese 羽赫, romanization ukaku, English feather-red) is spread out like feathers and is released from the shoulder area, it specializes in high speed attacks, most of the users seeming to have highly enhanced speed. The Kagune is lightweight and can be used to deliver high-speed attacks against an adversary, the primary method of attack is crystallizing their Kagune to deliver a high speed torrent of spike-like projectiles, however whilst crystallized they are much stiffer and can't be used for short range combat; at least one Ukaku-type can generate powerful lightning-like bolts, a possible rare ability. While the Kagune is suited both for short-distance and long-distance attacks, short-range is considered their weakness.They are able to use their Kagune as a shield and some users are shown to be able to shape them into sharp blades, reminiscent of a Koukaku, to aid in close quarters, many have shown to be able to increase the flexibility of their Kagune for short-range combat, though this makes it ill-suited for their distinctive long-range attacks.

Altogether Ukaku-type ghouls have a high chance of ending a battle quickly, releasing Rc cells depletes stamina. Thus, Ukaku-type users lack endurance and are at a disadvantage if the battle drags on for a long time. Ukaku-type users can use their speed and mobility to shoot down Bikaku-type users from afar. However, a Koukaku-type user can suppress an Ukaku-type user by successfully guarding against the Ukaku-type user's attacks, leaving them vulnerable to counterattacks and exhausting the Ukaku-type user in the long run.
Known Ukaku Ghouls are: Shinsanpei Aura, Kazuichi Banjou, Fei, Shousei Idera, Kaya Irimi, Sumiharu Katou,Ayato Kirishima, Hikari Kirishima, Touka Kirishima, Kurei, Noyama, Ruchi, Shikorae, Ginshi Shirazu, Seidou Takizawa, Koharu Utsumi, Renji Yomo, Yoshimura, and Eto Yoshimura.