“What? B-But that's on Christmas day, and MY birthday the day before” Louis whine like the little brat he is.

“Sorry, already read the paperwork and Lavigne already gave me the briefing,” Niall replied, his voice void of any kind of emotion signaling that he didn't want Louis to press this matter further.

“You're an arsehole you know that?” Louis snapped. He couldn't hide the fact that he hated the New-Niall; Niall had changed drastically the day he lost the love of his life. He misses the Old-Niall; happy, friendly and outspoken.

Instead of replying to his partner, he placed a small peck on Louis' temple. He wanted nothing more than to spend time with Louis and his boyfriend Zayn, but the thought of seeing them all loved up and happy makes his heart ache so bad. He wanted to forget. Once and for all. So, that's why he he accepted the case in Wolverhampton and rejected any forms of help or partners. Plus, the case was only to retrieve a hard-disk containing a classified information.

“Still think you're an arsehole,” Louis mutters. “I expect a really expensive present. One big fat present,”

+ + +

Niall let those painful memories flooded his head as he laid on the soft mattress of Louis' guest bedroom alone, and lets the salty tears cascades down his cheeks. He still gets nightmares about the event that changed him forever, the event that took the love of his life. He still gets nightmare and he welcomes it.

Why are you crying love?” A soft, yet rough voice invaded his ear. Turning to his right, Niall met with the sight he's been waiting for all day.

“Liam,” He breaths out the familiar name and swiftly move to cuddle against the larger bloke's chest. He didn't feel warm like he used to, but that was no surprise to him.

Hey love,....how was your day?” Liam asks as he cards his fingers through Niall's mousy fake blond hair.

“Good,...I-I missed you,” Niall replied, his heart constricting.

You say that every night babe,” Liam chuckled deeply, his chest vibrating against Niall's cheek.

“Because it's true,”

It's not normal for you to be dreaming of me babe,” Liam chastised playfully. Even though it was dark, Niall could visibly imagine the way that Liam's eyes would twinkle when ever he was right or the was the crinkles form at the corner of his eyes whenever he smiles or laughs.

“Don't fucking care,” He replies curtly.

I care about you. And I need you to stop this,” Liam kisses him on top of his head.

“Stop this? You want me to forget about you?” Niall asks, his blue eyes that Liam claimed to love so much looking up accusingly. This isn't the first itme that he's been requested to do this, move on, forget about him, get closure, get out more. He didn't understand, why was Liam so persistent on making him forget everything that they have? Does he even know how much it hurts when he died? When he left him all alone?

I'm saying that. I just want you to be happy,” Liam tried to reason.

“I'm happy when I'm with you. I'm happy when I think about you,” Niall retorts.

I don't like seeing you like this Niall. You're hurting yourself and the people around you. You're hurting me,”

“Then why'd you left me?” Niall countered. “Why?”

That's not fair Ni, I didn't choose to leave you,

“Then I choose not to forget you,” Niall replied like it was totally logic. Liam sigh at his lover, Niall's stubbornness is really something.