|| Baby Girl ||

"i'm sorry, you've done what?" Lori asked quietly against the phone's speaker.

Ally sighed heavily, pressing the phone between her cheek and shoulder tightly while she folded her fresh out of the dryer clothes. "i've landed a deal. Father got me a spot on the euro leg tour."

"you..." Lori looked behind her making sure no one was around. "you promised, Ally. you promised you would come back after this week."

"i said it was fast because well... I thought it was a small audition and what were the chances of getting a spot at the most prestigious dance tour in europe? i wouldn't have made it anyways, Lori."

Lori held the phone's cable tightly. she was going to die. without Ally there, there wouldn't be an excuse to stay indoors and make up alibies about being home with her own sister. she needed Ally to come home now.

"Ally." Lori whispered desperately, leaning against the wall. "you have to come home. please." she begged brokenly.

"Lori. you'll be fine and before you know it i will be walking around the house again. besides, how long could i be out? a month? please. they'll kick me out." Ally laughed teasingly as she shoved her cosmetics into a small bag.

"stop it." Lori snapped. "stop lying to me. you are not telling me the truth about it all and i have a very strong feeling you'll be gone for a long time. please, stop lying to me."