Bat and Her Bird

A/N: *disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARECTERS. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO DC COMICS

Here is an one-shot of the first couple I've ever shipped! hope you like!

ChApTeR: 1

Third Person POV

Dick and Barbara AKA Nightwing and Batgirl were on a mission for Bruce right now. He was off on a business trip, but he had heard that Selina Kyle, or Catwoman, would be at a gala in Gotham for the premier of a new jewelry line. There was going to be a lot of expensive, beautiful diamonds. It didn't take a master detective to figure out Selina was going to make an appearance. It wasn't official under cover work. It felt more like a blind date with your bestfriend. They just had to keep there eyes peeled. But enjoy themselves, and make sure they played the part of the playboy billionaire and a hot date.

Dick arrived before Barbara. He stepped out of his limousine, and smiled for the paparazzi. Giving his famous Grayson smirk. When he walked in he was greeted with champagne, which he put back because he was only 18. Even though he was pretty sure no one here would care. But he was on an assignment. He needed to stay focus. He talking and socialized, while he waited for 'Ms. Gordon.' What could possible be taking her so long? Dick thought. He was getting bored, and still hadn't seen Catwoman. He was so close to calling her, when all of a sudden he heard gasps and whispers. He turned around expecting to see Selina. But when he turned around his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Damn. Was all he could think as he saw Barbara Gordon enter the room. She was wearing a sparkling dark blue gown that hugged her body like a second layer of skin. The neckline dipped into her cleavage ever so lightly as to not look 'sluty' as Barbara put it. The dress had thick straps that slightly fell off her shoulders. Her back was completely visible and the gown started again at the small of her back. There was one dangerously high slit on the front hip area, so her smooth long leg showed when she walked. Her red hair was in a sexy curly side do. And she was wearing diamond earrings (a gift from Bruce) and red lipstick. She looked breathtaking. All eyes were on her, yet, her eyes were locked with his. A smirk grew on her face as she saw him starring at her in awe. She walked over to him, waiting for him to say something.

"Babs, you look- I mean, that dress- where did you-." he sighed in defeat, as she smiled. she always thought he was cute when he was flustered. "Dick Grayson at a loss of words?" she asked amused. He looked in her eyes with all seriousness, "Your beautiful." he said as he took her hand and kissed her knuckles. She smiled softly at him as she felt her cheeks warm up. That little bastard got me to blush! She thought. She hated how weak she felt in his touch. But loved it at the same time.

"I thought you would show up in sweats and a hoodie." Dick smirked playfully at the red head.

"Was going to, but Alfred reminded me that I'm acting as the 'girlfriend' of a playboy billionaire. I should probably step up my game a little." she whispered in his ear. The feel of her warm breath on his skin made him shudder, which made Barbara smile with satisfaction.

"You want a drink? I want a drink. lets go get a drink." Dick rambled. Barbara just rolled her eyes as he lead her to the bar.

"Ahh Mr. Grayson!" a young man, around their age, spoke walking over to them,

"Hi Brian." Dick greeted with annoyance in his tone. "What are you doing here?" Dick asked. Brian smiled at him and then at Barbara. "I'm doing exactly what every other guy in this world is doing." He said, looking at Barbara. "Trying to meet a gorgeous girl like yourself." He finished, taking Barbara's hand in his. "Charmed to meet you." he said looking into her eyes and kissing her knuckles, never loosing eye contact. This guy thinks he's smooth huh? Barbara thought as she smiled at the guy amused. She glanced over at Dick to see him glaring at Brian. Let's have some fun with this. She smirked to herself. "What a gentlemen." She said softly, batting her eyelashes.