2012 Olympic Trials

"Men's 200 freestyle." Eight tall built swimmers walked into the pool area, including Conor Dwyer. He looked focused and determined.

"Yeah Conor!" Karlie shouted. This race and two more of them meant the world to Karlie. All those birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries Conor missed were because of this moment. If Conor didn't qualify for the Olympics, Karlie would be heartbroken.

Conor cracked his neck, and shook out his arms and legs. He looked in the stands. Conor saw Karlie sitting next to Conor's parents. Next he zipped down his warm-ups and took off his sweatpants.

Karlie watched him get on the starting blocks. 

"On yours marks, bing." Conor dove into the water.

It was a close race, but Conor got second place. While Townley Haas got first, only the second and first place finishers get to go to the Olympics in whatever event they placed.

Karlie was so happy, she stood up and was getting teary eyed. She screamed and clapped loud for Conor.

"Conor, Conor, come here." An interviewer called him over when he was finished with his first race. 

"Hello." Conor said into the microphone, breathing hard.

"Hello, Conor. So, since you placed in this event, you get to compete in two event in the Olympics. The men's 200 free and men's 4x200 free. How does it feel."

"It feels amazing, I've sacrificed so much in the last year. I'm so happy, I'm going to the Olympics!" Conor cheered.

"So when's your wedding?" 

"Next week." Conor put his hands on his hips.

"Wow, pretty exciting stuff! Nice to talk to you! I'll see you at the Olympics."

Conor walked away and looked into the stands. His family and Karlie were in tears, jumping up and down. Conor walked out of the swimming pool area, putting his fingers up; showing he was second.

15 minutes later

"Conor!" Karlie ran up to Conor, he was in a suit in honor of the Olympic Trials 2012.

"I love you." Conor hugged Karlie, and he instantly started crying. They were standing in an empty meeting/ballroom.

"I love you too." Karlie said stroking Conor's hair, "Why are you crying, Baby?" Karlie asked still hugging him.

"Because I now realize how much I was gone, but now it's all worth it." Conor stepped away, wiping his tears.

Conor has only cried one time before, when Conor cheated on Karlie; it was heartbreaking.

Announcement of the Team USA Olympic Men's and Women's Swimming Team:

Karlie took her seat in the stands in one of the ballrooms in a hotel in Kansas, where the Olympic Trials took place.

When the announcer called each name, that person would walk onto the stage and shake the Official swimming coaches hand.

"Nathan Adrian, Ricky Berens, Clark Burckle, Tyler Clary, Conor Dwyer, Anthony Ervin, Jimmy Feigen, Andrew Gemmell, Matt Grevers, Brendan Hansen, Charlie Houchin, Connor Jaeger, Cullen Jones, Jason Lezak, Ryan Lochte, Tyler McGill, Matt McLean, Alex Meyer, Michael Phelps, Eric Shanteau, Davis Tarwater, Nick Thoman, Peter Vanderkaay, and Scott Weltz." 

The crowd gave a standing ovation. The boys all the the same time, slipped on the official Olympic warmup jackets.

The men's Olympic swim team walked of the stage, waving to the audience. Conor blew a kiss to Karlie.

"Now for the women's swim team." The announcer called out, "Cammile Adams, Alyssa Anderson, Haley Anderson, Elizabeth Beisel, Rachel Bootsman, Natalie Coughlin, Claire Donahue, Missy Franklin, Jessica Hardy, Kathleen Hersey, Kara Lynn Joyce, Ariana Kukors, Breeja Larson, Micah Lawrence, Katie Ledecky, Caitlin Leverenz, Lia Neal, Lauren Perdue, Allison Schmitt, Rebecca Soni, Chloe Sutton,Dana Vollmer, Shannon Vreeland, Amanda Weir, and Kate Ziegler."