Chapter 14

Ayame's POV

"What!? You can't marry that guy!" Naruto yelled as he stepped towards me. "I have to, for my grandpa." I responded with my head down. "No you don't!" He yelled back. "Yes I do Naruto! I have to do something for him! He died protecting my mom so I could live on!" I yelled. I could feel the tears in my eyes. "Actually, Ayame, your grandpa killed himself because he was vilified by the Land of Fire for abandoning a mission to keep his teammates safe." my dad explained. "And, Lady Chiyo, don't lie to my daughter, you aren't mad at my father for breaking a promise, you hate him because he killed Sasori's parents." My dad continued. "So I spent most of my life beating myself up for my grandfather's death and it wasn't my fault! Do you know how many times I thought it would have been better if mom didn't get pregnant!" I yelled as I cried. "I just didn't want you to think your grandfather was a coward, I just wanted you to think he was a hero." "You could have just told me all the good stuff he did and the one mistake he made!" I yelled and ran out.

Kakashi's POV

I messed up bad. "Kaka-Baka!" Sakura yelled as she hit me on the head. "Ow, I was only 16, I didn't even know what I was doing." Everyone looked at me with pokerfaces. "16, really Kakashi-sensei." Naruto deadpanned. "Anyway, go fix things, now!" Sakura yelled at me. I sighed and started walking. I summoned Pakkun. "What's up Kakashi?" he asked. "I need you to find Ayame, I finally told her what really happened to my dad." After a couple seconds I felt something bite my leg. "OW!" I looked down to see Pakkun biting my ankle. "You should have never lied to her in the first place, Baka." I sighed. "Yeah, I know but I was 16, I didn't know what I was doing, can you just find her so I can fix it?" he sighed but started sniffing around. "This way." he started running in the direction he smelt Ayame.

Ayame's POV

When I finally stopped running I was somewhere in the forest. 'Why would he lie to me? Why would he want to make me feel like it was my fault just to make my grandpa look like a hero?' "Ayame, can I talk to you?" I heard a voice say from behind me. "Kutabare. (go to hell)" I growled through my teeth. "I probably deserved they but you have to understand, I was 16, I didn't know what I was doing." my dad explained. "Why would you risk making me feel like it was my fault just to make grandpa look like a hero?" He sighed and sat down on the other side of the tree I was leaning against. "Because I wasn't thinking about the outcome and I wanted you to have a different opinion of him than I do." he told me. "What was your opinion of your father? cause my opinion of my father right now is that he's a uso tsuki. (liar)" he sighed again. "I think my father was a man who wanted to protect his team and in the end it cost him everything, that's why I follow the way of the shinobi so closely, so I don't make the same mistake he did." My eyes widened. "I still think you a lying idiot but your still my father and I love you. We all make mistakes, it's what makes us human, as well as emotions. Grandpa decided to follow his emotions and that was a mistake but that just means he's human." I could feel my dad staring at me. "Does that mean we can go back to trying and finding Gaara?" I nodded. "Yeah but your gonna have to make up for your mistake when we get back." I said as I stood up. "How?" he asked as he also stood up. "Me and you have to go visit grandfather's grave." His eyes widened. "I know, you haven't been there since his funeral but that's your punishment." he sighed in defeat and I hugged him. "Thank you for telling me the truth though." He hugged me back. "Well I couldn't have you hear it from Lady Chiyo." I nodded.

TIMESKIP

When we got back to the sand village everyone was leaving to go rescue Gaara. they explained the plan and we nodded. I bit my thumb and did some handsigns. "Summoning jutsu!" I yelled as slammed my hand on the ground, summoning Guruko. "Can you find where the person this belongs to is?" I asked handing him the fabric that Kankuro gave us. he sniffed it and nodded. he started running. 'Here we come Gaara.'