"The Darkness mused."

Start from the beginning

Of course butterflies reached there limit to life or goal. Butterflies where to be kept in there cages forever but they, at least once, where to be put in ardous work. Once you reached the age of eighteen you would be transported into another room, same as the one currently lived in but wider and double the space. There you would meet a male butterfly and pro-create more butterflies. Pro-creation consisted of sexual orientation, which as breaking the females membranous tissue that partly or completely excludes the external vaginal orifice. Resulting in pain. Then they would kill you, not even letting them lay eyes on there beautiful child. 

And they didn't know. It was the worst part of all. They were driven by false words, blinded by a gruesome future. Towards a morbid world. I couldn't do anything about it. It was all they wanted, no matter what I yelled or whispered seventeen years wasn't going to compete against a minute. It always dawned on me, as if there lives where resting on my shoulders. Dianna would tell me it wasn't so.

That was the true name of my companion. Dianna. A name once given to a well known princess in england. She was respected and loved by everyone, her warm smile and grace grabbing everyones attention. She was just beautiful. 

Dianna, my companion not the princess of england, gave me my daily dose of forbidden sources. At least that is what I called something that wasn't to be taught, kept or learned. She everyday brewed newly found information from the outside world into my brain with such objects as, 'magazines', 'books', 'newspapers' and 'training guides'.  She would easily but with discretion slip it into my weekly given toiletries, I would have to hide the temptation to run excitedly towards the bag. 

That's how it was for the ongoing seventeen years of my life. I learned and memorized any important information, common words, common techniques, proper words, proper pronunciation, battle strageties, wars like the revolutionary, the russian, the religious, etc. All I needed to survive alone.

Dianna wasn't coming alongside me. She would only help me get out before my upcoming 'birthday' as humans call it. She was to old and would probaly be easily chased down. Putting me in risk of being killed. If there was to be a slip on daily routines, you only had one warning. The second would be death. I sure didn't like learning that one, I knew there was alot of that in the outside world but I didn't fear it. It didn't stop me from running. 

It was like an ongoing adrenaline, pumping through my veins and steadying rythm with my heart. Just knowing what was awaiting me made me feel a sudden rush of joy. Something I deciphered as happiness, perhaps. 

I sat down in my room patiently and went through the plan again. Tomorrow was the awaited day. Dianna would come once again and explain everything that was to be done. She would lay out the plan and I would follow through it, perfecting it enough to run through a door and make it out. I couldn't afford any mistakes, I could barely afford the time. 

I had dreamt of this everyday. I dreamt of touching the green, grass, passing my slender fingers through it. I had dreamt of the countless times I would roll down a hill with an endless meadow, filled with millions of yellow colored flowers. The time where I would feel the air in my hair, making it blow backwards by the rough wind. Hearing the hollow whisper of the wind and feeling so called goosebumps up my arms. The warm water of a lake on my skin and maybe, just maybe see my reflection. 

That was one of the things Dianna could never afford to slip on my bag, she had tried countless times, eyes would be stirred and she had no choice but to pretend it was for her. A mirror. The so called mirror. It mocked me in it's own words. I sighed and tried to not spoil my mood. Even though it would be nice to know what I looked like.

I raised my hands lightly towards my face. I trailed them all over my soft forehead, down to the bridge of my small round nose, to the curve of my moist lips. I brushed my fingers over the outline of my eyebrows and closed my eyes with my index finger. I placed both of my hands on my cheeks and felt my perplexed face.