Conversion Academy {17}

Start from the beginning

"Let's go inside," he said.

"That's it? You kiss me and then want to just go inside like nothing happened?" I asked in disbelief.

"What, did you want me to kiss you again?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Inside sounds good!" I said, hurrying past him and into the building.

Kaz laughed and followed after me. We went upstairs and to Kaz's room, where the others were waiting.

"My flaming homosexuality is no longer off topic," I announced since I was on a roll when it came to making a fool of myself today.

"Does that mean you two are finally tonguing each other? I can't stand the tension anymore," Mikayla said.

I blushed heavily and glared at her. "Don't you have somewhere else to go be angry?"

Kaz laughed, but I noticed that the tips of his ears were red. Oh my god. This boy was an ear blusher.

"Can you at least make sure you lock the door if you guys are going to do anything? I really don't want to walk in on it," Leo said.

"You're all overdramatic," Kaz, the king of overdramatic, said.

The door opened and we watched as Siggy came in. He shut the door and reached up to pull his hair into that small ponytail of his.

"I heard that you stopped Sudlow from hurting Rogan," he said.

Kaz shrugged. "I can't let someone as hot headed as Rogan take the title of most hated student."

"Thanks," Siggy said, dropping his gaze.

"I don't get it. Why do you have to be so secretive about talking to him? Isn't he your brother?" I said.

"Our parents were worried he was going to be a bad influence on me. When he got in trouble, so did I. That's just how things went. They told me if they found out I was still talking with Rogan here, they would pull me from the Academy. They took away Rogan's phone when they sent him here. They said he's here to fix his behavior and until he does that, he's not allowed to talk to me," Siggy said.

"That's stupid. He's your brother. If I were you, I'd just say fuck it to my parents," I said, which was a total lie because I was a coward and my mom's temper scared the shit out of me, but still.

Siggy shrugged and left the room without another word. Kaz hopped up on his bed next to Beckett.

"I'm going to go do my homework," I said and hurried out of the room. I went down the hallway into my own room, shutting the door and collapsing into the chair at my desk.

What the hell was I doing? Why was I kissing Kaz? Did I even like him?

I folded my arms over my desk and rested my head on them, closing my eyes. Okay. Okay, Killian, just think this through logically.

Sure, some stupid part of me trusted Kaz. And I thought of him as an overall good guy. But, oh god, could I really date someone with an undercut?

"Stop being shallow!" I hissed, banging my head against my arms.

I needed to get my shit together. I didn't want to go after Kaz just because he had a crush on me. I had to know if I liked him back. But how the hell was I supposed to know that? My crushes were always unrequited and I'd never been in a real relationship before. Just that whole friends with benefits thing with Tanner.