2. What's Another Year

Start from the beginning

Lukas waited ten minutes before putting his phone down on the bedside table, ready to grab some noodles. Was Bill's "Yeah right" sincere or sarcastic? It was hard to know, with this man. Maybe he'll contact me again. Maybe. Lukas forgot the noodles and browsed YouTube to check Bill's music video. He immediately sighed: the ratings were bad, very bad! Why did so many people dislike his clip? Bill was half-Japanese, could dance, sang very well and won X Factor in his country. The song wasn't bad at all either. Could people be jealous of him? That's sad, he deserves more.

Lukas thought he touched the Like button until he realised he had shared the music video on his own Facebook page. 

"Damn!" he shouted out loud.

Unlike Bill and Tomas, Lukas was a web-mess. He was able to do everything he wanted to avoid and more - in this case, sharing instead of liking - and Tomas had offered twice to manage his social networks for him. Maybe he should be the one doing it, I guess! I have to delete this, but how? Let's check the parameters.

Unfortunately, he already had two notifications: some random fan who liked the post... and a "Thanks!" from Bill Barnes himself. Is this guy stalking my Facebook page every three seconds? Lukas had no choice but to go with the flow. He edited the post with a nice message so it would look natural.

Lukas sighed and looked at his post, feeling more ashamed than ever

Lukas sighed and looked at his post, feeling more ashamed than ever. Advertising other candidates because he was bad at "this internet thingy"? Awesome. His phone started ringing and it wasn't a text - Tomas, obviously. Too bad to text.

"... Taip, Tomas? Kaip tau sekasi?"

"No, we're doing this in English, Lukas."

"Okay..." said Lukas with a strong accent. "How are you?"

"Why are you sharing Ireland's song? This guy doesn't even know who you are!"

Lukas hesitated. He never hid anything from his agent and bestfriend, but this time... It didn't feel right to tell him. He was talking to Bill way too much for it to sound innocent, even if it actually was. Instead, he answered:

"I want to look like a nice candidate, Tomas. Do you know that Michał Szpak did this in 2016? He shared a lot of other songs and got an amazing amount of points from the viewers. Well, I wanted to do this on purpose, also because I enjoy some other songs."

"... Right. Good idea, but you should have told me before! I thought you had been hacked!"

"That would be a ridiculous hacker, only posting nice things."

"Yeah. Do you want me to take care of your social networks? I'm asking again. I could do more of this stuff and you could focus on something else."

Lukas thought of Bill's messages. Tomas would see everything!

"No, thanks. I'm actually enjoying it!"

"Really?"

"Yeah!"