Chapter 2-The First Time

I was seriously thinking about giving up this story but some people have been commenting on it and I can't give up on you guys.  If you're interested, I'm much more attached to my other story and am currently pouring my heart into its next chapter. This chapter is from my own brain, not from the show. This one is about Dick's first mental breakdown with Wally to help him through it.
Roy-13
Wally-11
Dick-9
Enjoy (;

xXPageBreakXx

Dick's POV

"Do I have to go?" I pulled at the sleeves of my hoodie as Bruce packed my backpack with all the sleepover necessities.  I had hung out with Wally and Roy a couple times over the last year and I liked them, they were fun, but Bruce had been their the whole time. 

"We've been over this Dick, you're getting better and this is a great next step. Besides, Barry and I have to go on this mission and Oliver offered to take you and Wally. I'll be back Sunday night to get you and if it becomes too much you can always call Alfred to come get you." My seudo-father smiled reassuringly at me as he zipped up the backpack. I reached my arms out to be picked up. Bruce sighed but I couldn't find it in myself to care as he lifted me up and carried me to the car. 

The ride to Roy's house was agonizingly slow. I was dreading the weekend. Deep down I knew Roy and Wally would take care of me and we would get to play games and watch movies but the idea of being away from Bruce for a whole weekend was terrifying. The last time I had been away from Bruce was when that mean social service lady had tried to put me in the Juvenile Detention Facility, luckily Bruce had come to my rescue. But this time Bruce was going to be off world, he wouldn't be able to swoop in and save the day if I needed him.

When the two arrived at the Queen Mansion, I was squirming in his seat. He could feel the anxiety of leaving Bruce bubbling in his chest. Bruce seem to catch on to my nerves because he came around and swung my backpack over his shoulder before picking me up.  As we walked into the house I buried my face into Bruce's neck, hoping he would turn around and take us home.  

"Hey Bruce! And hello to you to Dick!" Uncle Ollie was as Bruce would say, over enthusiastic. "Roy and Wally are upstairs getting their sleeping bags set up, do you want to join them Dick?" I rubbed my head against  Bruce's shoulder instead of lifting my head up to nod. I felt Bruce's chest rise and fall in a sigh. Tears filled my eyes. Bruce is tired of me. 

Footsteps pounded down the stairs as my friends joined us in the foyer.  I lifted my head up and patted Bruce's chest in a sign to get down. My surrogate father looked surprised but put me down all the same. Gluing my eyes to the floor I made my way over to Wally and Roy. Wally wasted no time lifting me into the air with his bear hug and Roy simply patted my shoulder, ever the stoic. 

"Come on Dickie! Ollie got us the coolest movies!" Wally took off towards the home theater as Roy laughed at his antics. Roy took my hand and guided me in the direction that Wally had run off in. 

~

Bruce's POV

I sighed as Dick went off with Roy, at least he wasn't having a meltdown due to separation anxiety.

"So I take it Dick's not doing to well..." While I would never admit it, Oliver was one of the leaguers I was closest to. Him and Barry were also raising kids and they were definitely helpful in taking care of Dick.

"No, he's having some extreme separation anxiety. He was sobbing the whole way here. This is his first time spending the night without me since  his parents died." I stuffed my hands in my pockets and leaned back on my heels as Oliver let out a whistle.