Chapter 10

'I've been walking for awhile now'
'Where do I go? Where is my home? What happened to me? What am I? And who where those people?"
Questions like these plagued my mind as I continued walking in no certain direction through the forest, no destination in mind just the cool breeze and woodlands as far as the eye could see. Something about this seemed Familiar but still so foreign it's hard to explain, the calmness of it all just seems like a dream.
Finding a nice place to rest I sat on a moss covered log that felt oddly nice after walking who know how long. Collecting my thoughts I was finally able to try and figure out my next move.
'I doubt that Mabel and Bill would be trustworthy, if anything that kid Gideon seems to be my best bet I mean he did give me some real answers...I think.'
Quickly my thoughts faded as I heard a few voices in the distance, none of which I've heard before. Being a bit curious I followed the voices until a few figures came into view, one in particular caught my attention most as he didn't seem to have pupils.
"Weird." I said under my breathe.
"Men as ordered we'll split up to cover more ground. If somehow you encounter Death, or Shooting Star, do not engage retreat and report back, do I make myself clear." The man with no pupils ordered intimidatingly.
"Yes sir!" They all replied as they chose a direction and spit up, the one who ordered it stayed put and watched his henchmen go off.
'I wonder who there looking for? They mentioned 'Death' and 'shooting star and Gideon did say earlier that I was 'life' no matter how farfetched that sounds maybe there was truth behind it.'
I wanted answers and maybe this person could help me, sure they may seem scary but maybe just maybe they'll know something.
Cautiously I silently walked over to the tall buff man, unfortunately he noticed me quickly.
"H-hi." I said nervously.
He stood there silent for a moment which just fueled my doubt, then he smiled a almost unintentionally creepy smile.
"Hello again, Life."
"Again?"
"Oh my apologies, you don't remember me do you."
I shook my head no, who ever this was he seemed to know me.
"The names Ghost eyes, I work for Gideon and as fate would have it we've been looking for you."
'Maybe there is some fate involved in this and that this is the world telling me Gideon Is my best option.'
"Alright, so I'm guessing you want me to go see Gideon."
"Yes exactly."
"Actually that's great! I've been meaning to talk to him."
"Alright then just come with me and you'll get to see him as soon as his schedule clears."
Nodding I walked over to him as he created a pure white...portal? Out of thin air.
"Go on it won't hurt yah." He said as he gave me a reassuring pat on my back.
Nodding I hesitantly walked through.
------------------------------------------------
"Finally that was easier then expected."
Once the portal was successfully closed I called out my famous earth shaking roar and transformed back into my natural beastly form. I stretched my talons and wings before starting my flight back to the tent of telepathy, my lackeys getting the message following close behind.
"Remind me why where flying there and not teleporting." One of them asked as they struggled to catch up.
'Probably new.' I mentally noted.
"We don't want Death and Shooting Star to sense our presents via portal so where gonna attack from the rear, at least that's what Gideon ordered us to do."
Once understood we had no more complaints and continued our journey home.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Soon Death, I know you're here and I know what your planning, soon everything will fall into place like it should be, then I'll be the one to have the last laugh as your begging for mercy."