I nodded. "One second, let me get my purse."

I closed the door and went straight to my room to retrieve my white purse. On my way out, I have a soft wave to Steve who looked up from his book and mouthed 'Good luck'. I nodded as an ok and I opened the door.

"Ready?" Calvin asked, holding an arm out for me to take.

"As I'll ever be." I smiled, taking his arm.

•••

"Wait," I said, still trying to stop my giggling. "Wait you have how many siblings?"

He was still laughing from across the table. "I have eight siblings. Six sisters and two brothers."

"Geez. What're their names?" I asked, resting my cheek on my palm. He had taken me to this beautiful restaurant in the city with the most amazing view. We were getting to know each other.

He looked down. "My brothers names are Amell and Rudy. Amell is seventeen and Rudy is eight. My six sisters are Adeline, Liana, Heidi, Margo, Berit, and Karla. Heidi who is four and Margo who is seven are my half-sisters. I'm the oldest of us all."

I smiled. "I can see you being the oldest, everyone looking up to you."

He chuckled. "Yes well... They're all still in Germany. I came to America to pursue my dream of going to art school."

"And how's that working out for you?" I asked, still smiling.

He shrugged with a smile. "Good so far. You should let me paint you sometime. You are beautifully..." He couldn't find the word. "Photogenic."

I looked down bashfully, my cheeks feeling hot. "Thank you," I said lowly.

He chuckled and we sat in a comfortable silence for a second.

"So what of your family?" He inquired, taking a sip of his wine.

"My family?" I asked and he nodded. I sighed. "Well...I have four siblings, two brothers, and two sisters. My brothers are Chris and Devon and my sisters are Camille and Genesis. Unlike you, I'm the youngest."

"The youngest of five, that doesn't seem to bad." He said, resting his chin on his hand.

"Pfft." I laughed. "It is when you're the only one without kids. I have five nieces and three nephews. They tend to get dumped on me a lot at the same time." It was true all of my siblings did have kids, even Chris. He had a cute little four-year-old son named Jackson with this girl named Alex who was white. He had the most beautiful green eyes and she inherited her dark blonde hair. I barely got to see him because Chris barely got to see him since he and Alex were exes and she had custody.

"That's a lot of family you have to babysit." He chuckled.

I nodded. "Yeah, but it's totally worth it. Being the type of person I am, I don't think I will ever have time to have kids of my own. I'm just grateful to have my nieces and nephews to at least show me what it's like." I shrugged.

He smiled softly. "For what it's worth Rachel," he said sitting back. "I think you'd make a wonderful mother."

•••

"Thank you for tonight, Calvin. It was truly amazing." I said as we walked hand in hand back to my apartment.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Any time I'm with you is truly wonderful."

We stopped in front of my door and we both laughed before falling silent.

"Thanks," I said, smiling. He grinned.

I didn't know what else to do, so I leaned forward and placed a lingering kiss on his cheek, no doubt leaving trace of my maroon lipstick.

When I pulled back, I could see that his cheeks were tinted a lighter red and he was still grinning. "I'll call you." He said.

I gave an honest smirk, my hand on the doorknob. "I'm glad you know how this works." I teased before opening the door. "Goodnight Calvin." I waved and he smiled and looked down, leaning against the wall. "Goodnight, Rachel."

I gave a small giggle and shook my head as I closed the door behind me.

Steve was still sitting on the couch, nose deep in his book.

"Hey, Steven," I said, taking my heels off.

He looked up and back at me. "Oh, hey. How was your date?"

"Awesome." I smiled, taking off my earrings. "Just confused on how his bun was prettier than mine." I walked over to the back of the couch, taking clips out of my hair. Steve chortled and I looked over his shoulder at his book. "How was your night? Throw any parties while I was away?"

He laughed again. "No, not tonight. It was just me and some good literature."

I gave him a sly grin. "You had to say that in the dorkiest way possible."

"Guess so."

I laughed before coming around to sit next to him, resting my head on his shoulder between his arm that was outstretched on the back of the couch. "I wanna watch a movie." I yawned.

"You're about to fall asleep." He looked down from his book at me.

I shrugged. "So what. I'll just fall asleep on you." I chuckled tiredly.

He shook his head with a smile before passing the remote.

Several minutes into Love Actually, I was nearly asleep in Steve's waist when I remembered.

"Oh...Thanks for earlier...again."

He looked down at me as I was about to drift off.

"Always...again." He replied with a small chuckle.

I hummed in response. "What would I do without you, Steve Rogers?"

•••

1551 Words

8/28/16 8:30 AM

In order for me to update I need suggestions for costumes.

Rachel

Steve

Tony

Calvin

Six little kids

Please help! If you don't then I can't update!!