Chapter 1

I am Layla Skywalker. My father is no more, but he taught me the best he could. I have to rely on the Force every day, in hope of maybe finding another like me. I am the last Jedi.

•••

I was meditating, my body, my soul, enveloped in the Force. I opened my eyes and looked at my belt, seeing my lightsaber hooked onto it. Luke Skywalker, my father couldn't help me. Last time he came to me was a year ago, when I was 15. His last words his spirit ever said to me were,

"Trust in the Force."

I sighed and stood up. I was on the planet of Lothal, knowing that there were Force-Sensitives here at one point in time. Holocrons are very helpful when you are the only one. I stepped out of my ship, the cold air biting my skin. I used a Jedi Techique that keeps the user warm. It wasn't effective, as I only had 13 years of real training. Only a few were out tonight, but who would want to be? The Empire ruled. This is what they wanted, and they got it. Concealing my lightsaber to the best of my abilities, I walked into the downcast village. I opened my mind to the Force, trying to date back to many years ago, back when there was a rebellion against the empire. I doubted I would be powerful enough to do this, but with plenty of trust in the force, I was able to. I seemed to step back in time. Two Jedi had been here, one was born here. Maybe there would be another. Opening my eyes, I headed towards a housing area.

"What do you want?" Someone asked me. I jumped and said,

"I just need to... get inside here." I tried to step around him but he pushed me back.

"You don't have an apartment in here, so why would you want to go in?" He asked me angrily, his fire red eyes glaring at me. I glanced around to see if anyone was around. There were a few people. The man at the door stared at me as my finger made a hardly visible movement. While doing this I muttered loud enough for just him to hear,

"You will let me in, and forget you saw me."

"I will let you in and forget I saw you." He stepped aside almost robotically, and I walked inside. I closed my eyes and put all concentration on the Force. I sensed nothing but the Empire. The Darkness. The cold. No it wasn't the cold from Lothal. It was the cold that only I could feel. I was the last Jedi. The only hope. Yet the darkness seemed so close. A power unlike anything I'd sensed was to close. I spun around, my yellow lightsaber flashing into existence. A crimson red lightsaber was going to strike me down. Her eyes were red as her lightsaber, her hair was a blonde mess. I pushed back against her and she slid a bit.

"Well, well, well! I have found the last of the Jedi!"

"Who are you?" I asked, lightsaber in my hands. 

"I'm the one who killed your brother!" She smiled evilly, and then laughed. She jumped at me, pulling out another lightsaber. I blocked both of them, also pulling out another lightsaber. I was my brothers blue one. As soon as I found out she had killed my younger brother, Ben Skywalker, anger overtook me. I pushed her back with the Force and then once she hit the wall I started holding her in a Force-Choke.

"Eleanor Corella." I said through clenched teeth, still strangling her with the Force. The temptation to snap her neck was there. Eleanor had dropped her lightsabers and was trying to pull the hand that was choking her off, though it was feet away. I dropped her, and she gasped for air.

"You could be so powerful." Eleanor laughed. "Join me."

I took a deep breath and asked,

"Why would I join the person who killed my brother?"

Eleanor shrugged with a fake innocence, and the last thing I saw before falling to the ground was Eleanor's hand thrusting forwards, and her running out the door.