Seven

Fuck guys I took my MCAT today and cried three times like that shit was so hard and I studied all summer😭 I'm gonna update though bc I need love and your sweet comments always make my heart happy. Hope you guys are enjoying getting to know this version of Scotty and Mitch!

"Oh my God! Mitchie! Hey Es, look who's here! Scotty brought his trophy boy to work!"

Mitch rolled his eyes as Kate tried to get Esther's attention while she worked diligently at cutting her clients hair. He could see a little smirk playing at the edge of Esther's lips despite that she was trying to concentrate on her work and Mitch smiled, knowing she was just as happy to see him as he was to see her. He made his way behind the counter to give Kate a hug as Scott walked past them to clock in. "Screw him, I'm your trophy boy. I missed you, Katie! What's new?"

"Not much! Oh, well Esther promoted me to assistant manager a few weeks ago so I get to boss your boyfriend around all the time now! I don't think I need to tell you how much fun that is."

"Please, you already bossed him around before it was your job to! You were born to be his manager, weren't you?"

She gave him a playful shove to send him off, giggling as the door opened and a customer walked in. He walked away while Kate helped the customer sign in and sat at an empty station a couple spots down from where Esther was chatting with her client as she finished his haircut. Mitch sipped his coffee and watched her use a brush to fluff away the tiny stray hairs on the man's neck before taking his cape off and instructing him to go to the register to pay. Once he was out of the way she turned to Mitch with a big smile, rolling her salon chair closer to his station with her arms out.

"Mitchie! Aw, take your backpack off and give me a hug! What a great surprise!"

He chuckled and scooted his own chair to meet her halfway and Scott strolled back into the room in his work apron, taking a seat in his own chair and rolling his eyes at the sight.

"Ugh, gross. I told you she's still in love with you."

"I can't help ittttt!" She squeezed Mitch tighter, causing him to giggle as he looked up at Scott for help. "He's so handsome and sweet! He gives the best hugs and he smells yummy all the time! You're way too good for him, Mitch, leave him and be with me!"

"Hey! No stealing my boyfriend."

"I'm not stealing, he just loves me more! Right Mitchie? Tell him!"

Mitch kissed the side of her head before wiggling out of her grip and leaning back into his chair all pink cheeked and smiley. Scott stuck his tongue out at Esther in victory, causing her to roll over to him and pinch his arm.

"Ow!"

"Well, don't sass your boss then! I'm glad you came though, Mitchie, we love it when you visit. What brought you in? Did you want something done or are you just here to hang out?"

He couldn't decide quick enough what the easiest response was so he looked over to Scott for help. "Oh, he's just hanging out. He's had a long day and I thought it would cheer him up to see you guys, you know?"

"Oh no!" She tried to look sympathetic but it was hard to push down her excitement. Everyone at the salon loved Mitch- especially Esther, who had a sweet spot for Scott since he was one of her favorite employees. All of his coworkers loved Scott, too, and had absolutely melted the first time he'd brought a bright eyed and perky Mitch to the salon for a haircut and proudly introduced him as his boyfriend. They loved seeing him so happy with someone who seemed to be so good for him and became friends with him by the end of his first visit. They constantly teased the poor blond about Mitch anyway but whenever he was here in the flesh, they couldn't help but be overjoyed. "Well, I'll cheer you right up. Unless you need to study, that's a pretty big coffee you've got there. You have a test coming up or something?"