Crazy About Him

Comincia dall'inizio

I exhaled my 'last' breath.

Mark crawled over me, smiling. "What about me?"

Filling back with the life I never lost, I met his eyes. "You already know how I love you."

He pursed his lips, only to have a bigger grin. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Mark."

"No, I really love you."

"And I really love you." Obviously not understanding.

He chuckled. "How long have we known each other?"

"Wow. Uh." Thinking about it, I've known him about what, four years?

"Four years, three months, two weeks, six days, seven hours, thirty five minutes and 17 seconds." He grinned.

I coughed 'obsessed' a few times.

He grabbed my cheeks and squished them, making my lips pucker. "I'm not obsessed. I just love you. Plus I made that up."

"That moment when two people love long romantic walks on the beach together but only one of them is aware of it."

He laughed, getting off of me. "Seriously, listen to me." He smacked me with a pillow.

"Abuse!" I cried, pointing at him.

"It's not abuse!"

"Prove it!"

"It's different because I love you!"

I tackled him, knocking him on his back, the both of us laughing.

"Stop!" I nibbled his shoulder. "That tickles!"

He grabbed my sides right near my ribs and pulled me close to him for a hug, his strong arms around me.

"Let me go!" I squealed.

"No!" He laughed. "I'm never going to let go!"

I squirmed, trying to get out of his arms.

"If you let me go, I'll get you something!"

"Oh!" He let me go, being careful when he moved me off him. "That reminds me!"

He got up and rushed to the door, running back with a decorative, frilly, pink box in his hands.

"What's that for?"

"Adda gave this to me to give to you." He handed the box to me. "Before you open it, it goes on record that I have no idea what she did or what she got you."

My eyes squinted. "Okay..."

My fingers played with the frills before untying the ribbon on top of the box. Lifting the lid to see some scented pink tissue paper, my suspicions raised. I dug to the gift itself and raised it out of the covering paper.

Mark's face instantly turned red.

"Uh..." I blushed, holding it up against my body.

Mark turned around, head up. "Who knew Adda would've gotten you a Victoria's Secret sexy gown."

I threw it at Mark.

Damn it, Adda! Stop trying to help me get laid! Strange how that's my first thought.

"Imma go take a cold shower." He's gone the moment I looked up from the floor.

I sat on the couch, hearing the faucet turn on. I've never had such an embarrassing moment like this. Ever. Except for the night he saw me naked. That remains number one.