Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Hermione's POV

It's been 7 months since the battle. All of us decided not to go back to Hogwarts. Ron and Harry are Aurors, I'm working in the Department of Magical Creatures, and Ginny is one of the sub chasers for the Holyhead Harpies.

Ron and I are in his room at the Burrow. Every Sunday, we all come to the Burrow and have dinner. We just ate and Ron wanted me to come up to his room. He's been really distant for about 2 weeks now. I don't know what it is.

"What do you want to tell me Ron?" I said as I sat at the end of his bed.

"I don't think this is working out." He mumbled.

"What's not working out?"

"Us."

"What do you mean Ron?"

"I can't be your boyfriend anymore. I don't think this is going well."

I felt a tear go down my face. I stood up and ran down to Ginny's room. By the time I got down one flight of stairs I was sobbing. I saw Fleur start to come up the stairs probably to see what all of the pounding was. Right as I opened Ginny's door she got to the landing. I slammed the door, ran into Ginny's room and plopped onto her bed, sobbing into the comforter. Ron had just broken up with me. It had taken seven years for him to admit he liked me and 6 months later he broke it off.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs a few minutes later and then the door opened. I couldn't stop crying. The person came over to the bed and sat down next to me.

"Hermione?" Ginny whispered.

I kept crying. I couldn't stop. All of my emotions were coming out uncontrollably. I stayed curled up in a ball sobbing.

"What's wrong?"

I couldn't bear to say anything. All I did was sit up and lean myself against Ginny's pillows.

"What happened?"

I couldn't bear to say his name.

"H-h-e brok-ke up with m-m-e-e."

"Ron?"

I started sobbing even more.

"Y-y-eah-h."

"Moine, you'll be alright. Come here." Ginny said as she came closer and I leaned against her.

"I l-love him-m."

Ron's POV

Hermione ran out of the room. About 10 minutes later I went downstairs into the living room. Everyone except Hermione and Ginny were sitting and talking.

"Ron, what happened? We heard running and Fleur went up and checked and and then she told Ginny to go into her room." George said.

"Nothing." I mumbled as I sat down at the far end of the living room.

"What happened?" Bill said loudly.

"I said nothing!"

"That wasn't nothing. I saw Hermione run into Ginny's room, sobbing." Fleur said.

"What'd you do?" Harry said as he got up.

"NOTHING!" I yelled. I got up and ran back up to my room, to hide from everyone asking me questions.

Ginny's POV

'RON! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU!' I screamed in my head as I sat with Hermione.

"Ginny?" Hermione whispered.