Chapter 9- Good Plans

Start bij het begin

"Yeah, we'll probably go over there later," I responded. She went back to playing with her toys and I stood up.  I walked over to the door and slowly opened it. I quietly made my way to the living room. I saw that Huey wasnt in the living room, so he must be in my moms room. I quickly walked back to where Kimberly was. I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from Denzel saying to be ready in 45 minutes. I responded with an "ok" and went to get Kimberly ready.

After we were both ready, I decided it would be best to wait outside for them. I walked to the living to make sure that the coast was clear, and after seeing that it was, I hurridly grabbed Kimberly and walked out.

When we got down there we only had to wait about 5 minutes before Denzel arrived. It was only August and Denzel. I wondered where the other two were but didn't bother to ask. I was just happy to get out of that house.

******************************************

August POV

After Denzel dropped Keyanna and Marcus off last night he headed to my house. He had decided to just stay there for the night because he didn't feel like driving all the way to his house. It was nothing new, he stayed with us almost every other day. I don't know why he won't just move in already.

Denzel had woke me up this morning because he said Mel wanted to talk to all of us, including Keyanna. I was really starting to like her. Sometimes we got along so great and I was so happy around her, but sometimes we were constantly fighting. I think it's because we are both stubburn. We end up fighting over the littlest things, but neither one of us wants to admit that the other was right.

I got up and got ready, then Denzel and I went to pick up Keyanna. When we go there they were already waiting for us. I had noticed that Keyanna never wanted to be at home. That was strange to me, but I hadn't asked her about it. She got in the car, and other than a brief  "hello" to each of us she was silent. I could tell that something was bothering her, and I don't think it was just Rodney's death. Although it hurt to loose someone who was like a brother to me, it was slowly becoming easier for me to deal with the actual idea of death. There's people dying everday, that ain't nothin' new when you're from downtown.

We tried our hardest to make Keyanna laugh for most of the ride, but we only managed to get a few chuckles out of her. I hated seeing her like this.She was always so happy and cheerful. I could tell that Denzel l also hated to see her so sad.

When we made it to our house I got out and picked up Kimberly. 

"Good morning lil cutie!" I said after I kissed her cheek.

She smiled at me before quietly saying, "Good morning".

Denzel came around and I passed Kimberly to him.

"What's up mini me?" Denzel asked her as he walked towards the house.

I looked down at Keyanna. She looked deep in thought. I walked up and pulled her into a hug. I was shocked when she hugged me back immediately. I figured she would pull back and look at me crazy. I was happy because we were making progress in this friendship. We were slowly becoming closer, even if this was only a simple hug.

After a few moments I pulled away and we walked into the house. I sat on the couch with Keyanna right next to me. I noticed that Marcus had also came here while I was gone.

"It's not safe around here right now," Mel said getting straight to the point.

"What are we gonna do?" Denzel asked.

"We have to keep a low profile until I find out who did this," Mel answered.

I noticed that Keyanna tensed up when he said this. She was about to speak but Kimberly asked a question we weren't prepared to answer.

"Where's uncle Roddy?" Kimberly asked after looking around the room. That was what she called Rodney. 

Keyanna looked like she was about to cry again so I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Sometimes people get really hurt and they have to go away," Denzel said, trying his best to explain. I think she was too young to understand the concept of death.

" Is he coming back quick?" she questioned. After hearing that Keyanna let her tears fall. She was not handling this well.

"No, he can't come back here," Denzel said slowly. Kimberly must've been content with her answer because she laid her head back on Denzel and closed her eyes.

"I saw who shot him," Keyanna said after a few minutes.

We all turned to look at her waiting for her to continue. "I saw Ace driving the car that shot up the trap yesterday, " she said quietly.

I should've know that he was behind all this. A few months back Mel and Ace had both tried selling to a big client from the west coast. After many shoot outs, Mel had killed 7 people on Ace's team and ended up getting the client's business. Ace swore that we hadn't seen the last of him.

Now that we knew who had killed Rodney, we could get revenge. I stood up prepared to head to the trap to come up with a plan to get Ace. I looked up and noticed that I was the only one standing. All the others just looked at each other. 

"We have to be smart about this. We need a plan that we know will work. Lets just take our time," Mel said. Denzel and Marucs agreed with him, but I was ready to get justice for Rodney.  I sat back down, knowing that I had no choice but to wait for a good plan.

I sat back and thought of the many ways we could take out Ace and his crew.

******************************************

Unknown POV

After I left the house I quickly went to meet my boys. I called them and told them we had to talk about this plan.

When I walked in I saw them both sitting there gettin' high.

"We have a problem..... She saw you, " I told Ace.

He put his joint down and looked at me. "What do you mean she saw me?" he questioned, becoming angry.

"I don't know how, but she saw you at the trap yesterday, " I responded.

"Did she say anything about me?" my other friend asked.

"No, but I don't think your plan is going to work anymore," I said, turning back to Ace.

"It will, we just have to watch the girl and eventually we'll hit 'em where it hurts," he reponded with a devilish grin. 

I decided to trust him, even though I was questioning what I had gotten myself into.

******************************************

What are your thoughts about Huey now?

Is it worse to be addicted to crack or to be an alcoholic?

If you were in Mel's position would you get revenge immediately or come up with a plan?

Who was the unknown?

What could Ace's plan be? 

Should I write a funeral scene or skip over it?? Its not essential to the story line, but it would give some details...

***********

Excuse the mistakes,  I don't have time to edit. Please VOTE & COMMENT. I really want to know whay everyone thinks of my story so far!!!