Chapter 7- Beautiful Sounds

This chapter is dedicated to @StoriesInParadise. Thanks for commenting on all my chapters!!!

****************************************

Keyanna POV

I sat on the bench constantly thinking about having to stay with Huey for 3 months. I was trying to think of any way to get around this. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Kimberly say, "Ya Ya he wants you."

I looked up and saw Kimberly holding King's hand. August, Denzel, and another boy I had never seen before were all standing behind them. I stood up somewhat excited to see August, but also confused as to why King wanted me.

"Hey," Denzel said, as he moved from behind Kimberly and King.

"Hey," I responded. Kimberly let go of King's hand and grabbed mine.

"What's her name?" Denzel asked referring to Kimberly.

"Kimberly," I said, still wanting to know why they were here.

"She's a lil' cutie," August said with a small smile, after looking at Kimberly.

"Tell him thank you, Kim" I said looking down at her.

"Thank you," Kimberly said quietly.

"She looks just like you," the boy who was with them said.

"That's what a lot of people say," I said with a smile.

"I'm Rodney," the boy said.

"Im Keyanna," I responded.

"So.... Keyanna, I know you don't really know us, but I need a favor," Denzel said.

"What is it?" I asked, skeptically, as I looked up at him.

"Well, our friend Marcus, is in jail. We need you to take the money and bail him out," Denzel answered.

"Why do you need me to do it?" I asked, still a little confused.

"You know the things we do, right?" King asked me.

"People are always talking about you, but you can't believe everything you hear," I said truthfully.

"Most of what you heard is probably true. I don't want anyone to connect Marcus to us. Nobody can catch us slippin'. If you go inside, then they can't link Marcus back to us," King responded.

I wanted to ask why Marcus was in jail, but I decided against it. It really wasn't any of my business. I thought about what Denzel had asked me to do. It seemed harmless and it would give me a reason to stay away from the house.

"Sure," I said.

"Can you come with us now?" King asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Thanks, I owe you one," Denzel said. Rodney turned around and headed out of the park. We all followed behind him. We walked to a Cadillac Escalade and Denzel got in the driver seat. King sat in the passenger seat and Rodney got in the third row. That left August, Kimberly, and I to sit on the middle row. I sat behind King, while August got behind Denzel, and Kimberly was between us.

"Sorry for the attitude yesterday, I was just having a bad day," August said sincerely.

"It's okay," I said quietly. I was calm on the outside, but inside I was melting at the sound of his voice.

August was about to speak but was cut off by Denzel saying, " Ooh Chief Keef go hard."

Denzel turned up the song and was getting super turnt up. Chief Keef started rapping and Denzel said, "Sosa, mmfhmdmssmsjsj, bang, snsjsmsjsksmsisjsm, bang bang,".

"Nigga, what was that?" Rodney asked in between laughs.

"I was rapping nigga. When you don't know the words to a Chief Keef song just mumble and say "Sosa" or "bang bang" a few times," Denzel said before mumbling some more.

August and I busted out laughing after this. What so funny, was how serious Denzel was. He was turnin' up to a song he didn't even know the words to.

I was laughing almost the whole time we were in the car. King, Rodney, and Denzel had a rap battle, and then Rodney attempted to sing Must Be Nice by Lyfe Jennings. Rodney took a short pause to catch his breath and August started singing. His voice sent chills down my spine. He could really sing.

"Nobody asked you to sing. You stole my shine nigga," Rodney said as he gave August the -_- face.

August simply chuckled and went back to singing. By the time the song was over I was in awe. He had such a beautiful voice.

"You're really good," I told him.

He smiled at me and said, "Thanks,".

By this time we were outside the jail. King turned around and handed me some money.

"Just go in there and tell them you're here to bail out Marcus Johnson," King said, looking back at me.

"What if they won't let me," I asked, just now realizing that I was probably too young to bail someone out of jail.

"Be creative and convincing. Just make something up, cry if you have to," Denzel said, as if it would be easy for me to just walk in and cry on command.

After they gave me a description of what Marcus looked like, I opened the door. I turned to grab Kimberly, but August stopped me.

"We got her, just go in," August said.

I really didn't want to just leave Kimberly in a car with strangers. I thought about it and decided that they seemed like they could be trusted. I got out of the car and walked to the front of it. After memorizing the license plate number, in case they tried anything funny, I walked up to the building. I walked in, prepared to put my acting skills to the test and get Marcus out of jail.

**************************************

August POV

"What is she doin'," Mel asked as we watched Keyanna walk to the front of the car.

"I think she is looking at the license plate number," Denzel responded.

I chuckled a little. She seems like a really smart girl, who may have some trust issues, but I think memorizing the plate number went a little to far. If we were trying to kidnap them, we wouldn't have came to a jail to do it. I had to give her props for keeping her guard up and watching who she trusts. That's an important skill when you live down here.

"Do you think she's gonna be able to do it?" Rodney asked no one in particular.

"Yeah she's smart, she'll figure something out," I answered.

Mel turned around to play with Kimberly while I got lost in my thoughts. The more I was around Kimberly, the stronger my desire was to get to know her. I felt like we could be really good friends.

************************

25 minutes later I saw Keyanna and Marcus walking back to the car. They got in the car and Denzel pulled out the parking lot.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that my car was loaded," Rodney said to Marcus.

"You straight, it's no big deal. At least they let me out," Marcus said.

"Did you have to put on a show?" I asked Keyanna.

"Yeah, I cried and really made it seem believable," Keyanna said, before she started laughing.

"What did you tell them?" Mel asked.

"It was this ghetto, middle aged black lady. I told her that I had just found out that I was pregnant with Marcus' kid. Then I started crying and told her that I needed him for support and that we had nobody else to bail him out for us. She told me that 3 of her baby daddies were locked up so she knew how it felt. Then she said that she would let me do it because stress isn't good for the baby," she responded. We all joined in on her laughter.

"Wait, how many baby daddies does she have?" Denzel asked after the laughter died down.

"5," Keyanna said.

"I'm not one to judge people, but that's 4 baby daddies to many," Mel said while shaking his head.

"Let's go to Whataburger, my treat," Rodney said from the back.

"Free food! You don't have to tell me twice," Denzel said as he headed towards Whataburger.

I sat back and listened to my boys crack jokes along with the beautiful sound of Keyanna's laughter.

********************************************

Who's your favorite character now?

What should Keyanna do about staying with Huey for 3 months?

Will August and Keyanna become good friends?

Should I keep doing a POV for August and Keyanna or should I just do Keyanna's POV?

**Please excuse the mistakes. I didn't have time to edit. Something big happens in the next chapter!!! Any guesses on what it could be?? Please VOTE & COMMENT so I know what y'all think!!