E L E V E N

human life

human life

"Alessia! Alessia!" Edward had stormed into his sisters room, the door slapped loudly against the walls behind him as he stepped into the room late at night. It was the night before the wedding and the halls of their home were filled with last minute decorators and such. It was chaotic, but in Alessia room it had been silent.

The world was slowly coming to a burn as it collapsed around them while the minutes went by and the night grew light, Alessia and Drake savored their last moments in privacy when he stormed in. Edward didn't even seem fazed by the fact a man was holding his sister in bed, barely registering as they stood up in shock.

"Edward!" Alessia jumped, thankful they hadn't gone far, her eyes snapping towards Drake who began growing pale.

"Save it, I've known for awhile you two aren't silent." He held a hand up, then pointed a finger toward the Campbell man. Determination was set on his face as he spoke, "Drake, we need to talk. Right now."

Drake felt his throat tighten, nodding his head as stumbled around the bed and away from a confused Alessia. "Yeah, sure? You want to go outside?"

"No. Right here." Edward stepped up to the man, both of them about the same height. His mouth was set in a thin line, features serious as briefly he flashed his eyes towards his younger sister who looked concerned before clearing his throat. "How much do you love my sister?"

Drakes mouth gaped open, further confused then he had been prior. He had expected to be exposed, for her brother to yell and alert everyone near them of what was happening and possibly be killed but never did he think he would be interrogated. Edwards eyes were a dark obsidian, pupils practically enveloping the rest of his eyes as he awaited a response.

"I love your sister more then I thought I could love someone, she's my whole world and I'm willing to let her go if it means she will be secure, she will be safe."

Edward surprisingly turned around, running his hands through his copper hair in desperation. "But she won't be, she won't. Tomorrow Alessia will marry the biggest asshole in Chicago all for me... for something I selfishly want. She loves you, she loves you so much and yet here I am taking her away from happiness. I've been sitting here, letting it happen but it stops right now. I won't ever let her do this to herself. Alessia has always been selfless, always watching out for me despite I being the brother but it ends now. I'll let her be happy, I'll let her runoff with you and live a life of love and adventure but I have to know. See Drake, I love my sister, she's been my best friend since birth. She's practically my whole world, the only person who has been with me through even the darkest parts of my life so you see why I can't let her go this easily. I need to know Drake, I need to know that I'll be helping her go off to someone who will love and protect her. Someone who will put up with endless questions and complaints, someone who will wake up in the middle of the night just to watch the stars like she adores, someone who will watch her even if she says not too. She loves you Drake... which means you're willing to do all these things and more but I need to hear it from you. I need to know that Alessia won't just be trapped in a cage, she will be set free to be wild... like she's always meant to be. Drake, do you think you can promise me that?"