Always the Same

I wouldn't consider myself a boring person. At least, I never find myself bored for very long. But that's what happens when you make friends with the most spontaneous people in the world!

I have to admit, I love it.

Always with a text.

Always from him.

And who cares if I reply immediately because my phone is attached to my hip? There is no judgement here.

So either I hop in my car, or he comes and picks me up. Either way, I never know where I might end up so I better just tell my parents not to wait up for me.

Sometimes I'm in the passenger seat. Sometimes in the back because our mutual friend is running music from the passenger seat. Whatever, that's fine. So long as the windows are down, I don't care where I sit.

Normally these adventures start with the same basic idea; East End.

The best and poorest excuse for a park in the entire world.

It's not a place for pansies, or for those who aren't overly found of mud and bugs, but if you have a taste for nature, epic sunsets, and lots of spider webs in the face, its definitely the place for you!

There's no playground, no  bathroom, no water fountains, no swings, and hardly any rules. And that's the best part.

So we usually end up on walks there, sometimes with cigarettes, sometimes without. Either way it's always beautiful.

There have been blood moons, stars, mist over the trees, deer, muddy paths, gravel trails, old treehouses, satanic writings, graffiti, cool benches, bugs galore, photoshoots, and so many other things.

Memories upon memories that start the same way, but never end the same. Sometimes we sneak into the park after hours, hike down to the beach and camp overnight. Sometimes we sneak in after hours, hike through the field, and then run from the cops. Sometimes we just lay on the picnic table and watch the stars. Sometimes we share secrets. But it's always we.

The park looks and feels different alone. Like it's smaller, full of less possibility somehow.

With a friend you can swim across the river. You can fish. You can star gaze. You can drink. You can reminisce. You can play truth or dare.

Alone, it's just nature. Alone all you do is take pictures to share with the people who you wanted there with you when you took them.

But it always starts the same way, with a text. And if possible, I shall never reply with no. Because I love that park. And I love those people. And if the two could always be there and together with me why, how happy would I be?

I'll tell you.

I would be simply blissful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I am about to leave for my first year of college, and I realized I have not dialogued all the things I have always wanted to. So, while it may not be fun for you to read, these are short little thoughts, almost like journal entries, about the three people who I can never thank enough for making me who I am today.

Love you guys,

Always.