X. House of Sands

Start from the beginning

"Okay. I'll go get them!" Patricia rushed towards the others.

A minute later, Eddie, Jerome, Alfie, and Patricia returned and the 5 of them walked into the room. Joy opened the entrance and each of them crawled inside. After Alfie shut the entrance, they noticed Nina's absence and entered the next room. Nina stood before Horick and starred at him, not breaking for a glance.

The others approached him as Nina had and he spoke "Welcome to Round 2 of the Game of the Gods. May the round commence!"

Horick disappeared and before the rest of them could process what was happening, the entrance which led back into the first chamber sealed shut.

"What the—" Alfie gasped.

Black sand began covering the floors. Within seconds, the floor wasn't visible and the sand quickly began rising.

"Oh my god, we're going to drown in sand!" Patricia gasped "That wasn't how I planned on dying . . ."

"Calm down, just keep your head above the sand and we'll be fine." Nina encouraged.

Minutes passed and the sand was to each of our chests. We could hardly feel the floor anymore.

"You guys, we're running out of time!" Eddie panicked.

"I know what it wants." Joy gasped.

"What?" Jerome questioned.

"A sacrifice. If one of us gives in, the sand is bound to disappear, right?"

"No, we aren't sacrificing anyone." Eddie confirmed.

"But then we'll all die!" Joy argued.

The two continued to argue until suddenly, the sand disappeared.

Horick reappeared and spoke happily "Congratulations. You have finished Round 2. Due to your sacrifice, you have won 2 lives in return."

Two blue lights began glowing and once it stopped, Amber and Fabian were on the floor.

"Wait, who sacrificed themselves?" Joy gasped.

"I know who . . ." Jerome sighed. "It was—"

~ § § § § § ~

KT was astonished at what Mara had asked her.

"E-Excuse me?"

"What is Sibuna? I want to know everything."

"I don't know—"

"Save it, KT. You can tell me. I can keep a secret."

"Fine. Sibuna is a secret group. At the moment, it consists of Nina, Eddie, Jerome, Joy, Patricia, Alfie, and I."

"What is it for?"

"It's a . . . book club! We're all in a secret book club!"

"A secret book club?"

"Jerome and Alfie are too embarrassed to admit it, so we're keeping it a secret."