one | sweet like honey

"Hannah! Hurry up, we have to get to Hogsmeade." Charlotte called impatiently from a few seats over at the Hufflepuff table.

"Just a minute Lottie, I need to finish my toast first." Hannah Abbott ; one of Charlotte's best friends,  replied through a mouthful of her toast and marmalade. 

Charlotte loved Hogsmeade, it was one of her favourite places. The tiny village was beautiful during the winter, commonly said to look almost like a christmas card. Charlotte also loved her friends, and going to the Three Broomsticks with them.

The blonde haired girl sat next to two of her closest friends, Ernie MacMillan and Susan Bones, who were also waiting to leave for the village with Hannah, notoriously known as a slow eater between the group of friends.

The group began to get up and put on their coats, preparing for the snow and cold weather of "somewhere in Scotland". Ernie and Susan headed out the door as Hannah caught up with Charlotte and the soon followed.

"So Lottie, I'm assuming we're going to Honeydukes first?" Hannah laughed as she wrapped her yellow and black hufflepuff scarf around her neck.

"Of course. I do need my sugar, you know." Charlotte replied happily. Charlotte really did love her sweets, and everyone knew it. The second last thing you wanted to do to her was betray her, firstly was stealing her sweets.

"Have you started the essay on the strengthening solution yet?" Hannah asked.

"I've written my name if you can count that." Charlotte laughed in return. 

"Once you do, would you be willing to help me out? You know, I don't really get all this potions stuff most of the time, but you certainly do." Hannah asked kindly.

"Of course. What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't." Charlotte replied cheerily smiling to Hannah.

The two blonde girls continued the long walk through the snow to Hogsmeade, Ernie and Susan chatting not too far ahead of them; they were both laughing and a particularly funny joke he'd just made, and Susan flipped her long red hair over her shoulder, sending a glance over to Charlotte and Hannah.

"When will Ernie finally realize? This has been going on for much too long now." Hannah asked disappointedly, gesturing to Ernie.

"No idea, she's only liked him for the past, I don't know, three years? He's got to come to his senses eventually." She drawled and tried to count the years on her fingers. 

"Boys. Great friends, but so clueless about girls." Hannah giggles.

It was common knowledge to most Hufflepuffs that Susan liked Ernie. She shamelessly flirted with him from time to time, but was a bit too scared to confess. It was a waiting game, and she wasn't exactly sure when it was going to end. At times she was sure that he might have feelings for her, but he'd never said anything, and if he had, it would be to Justin, who'd firstly die than reveal his friend's secret.

Finally, the Hufflepuffs reached the small snow - covered village, they went their separate ways.

"So Hannah and I are going to stop into Honeydukes first, and then we'll meet you two at the Three Broomsticks for Butterbeer?" Charlotte suggested.

"Okay, sounds good. Remember, we have that defence club meeting thing, in the Hog's Head in half an hour." Ernie reminded them.

"I almost forgot. Thanks Ernie, what would we do without you?" Hannah laughs. Ernie was definately the most organized of their friends, Hannah was forgetful, Susan tried to be, and Charlotte was a procrastinator. Justin got along with Ernie because of it.

"Not sure? Never learn any real defence?" Ernie suggested sarcastically as he and Susan headed off to the pub.

Charlotte entered the sweet smelling candy store, and was greeted by rows and rows of chocolate, sweeties, and lollipops. First, she picked out a pack of droobles best blowing gum, a few sugar quills for her friends, and a large box of bertie bott's every flavour beans for her older brother Thomas. Hannah emerged from the shelf behind her with two chocolate frogs, she laughed at the sight of her friend trying to hold all of her sweets. 

"Do you want me to help you with any of that?" Hannah giggled to herself. 

"That would actually be great, keep it for me for just a second? There's only one cauldron cake left and I really need it." She pleaded. 

"Alright, but hurry up, will you?" Hannah suggests kindly.

The last cauldron cake caught Charlotte's eye as she reached for it, only to see, that another had already picked it up.

"Oh, hi Ron." Charlotte said sweetly.

"Oh right, erm hi Charlotte." Ron greeted awkwardly as he looked down at his cauldron cake.

"Cauldron cakes, they're really good aren't they. One of my favourites." The blonde said, as her lips twisted into a fake pout. Hannah instantly knew what she was doing; the flirt move. 

"Yeah, I guess they are then aren't they," he replied in slight confusion, not really knowing how to reply to the hufflepuff's random statement. 

"Lottie, are you done yet, we have to pay and get to the meeting!" Hannah nudged her friend lightly on the arm.

"Yes, actually I'm just going to pay now." She smirked.

"Lottie! You did not just do that." Hannah scolded as they approached the counter. 

"But it seems that I just did.." Charlotte teased. She knew Hannah really didn't approve of her "flirt move." 

After handing over her coins to the employee, and putting all her candy into a paper bag, she stepped out into the bitter cold once again, and shot a quick smile over to Ron, who was now talking with Harry and Hermione. 

"Charlotte." Ron calls out as he walks over in their direction. 

"Yes?" She grinned back. 

"You were saying, about the cauldron cakes. You can have mine if you like, I was going to give it to you anyway, but you had already left." He smiles, and hands her the chocolate cupcake. He seemed almost dazed, perhaps dizzy. 

"Thank you. That was very sweet of you." Charlotte returns, and puts the cake into her bag.

"You're coming to the defence meeting, right?" Ron asks hopefully.

"Of course I am. I'd be completely dull not to. That toad of a witch makes it simply impossible to learn anything." She says, as Hannah gave her a look, and turned in the direction of the Three Broomsticks.

"Good, I was just heading there myself as well. Hermione and I are helping Harry out with some things for it." He replied, rather pleased with her answer. 

Word count: 1046 

so i really hope you like it? each chapter is going to be named after a sweet, and this story is just going to be really fluffy and cute with no really hard issues. so far i love writing the hufflepuffs and giving them more character. i'd always wanted to know who they really were and see more of them. next chapter we'll go more into Lottie's abilities and "the flirt move" as they refer to it. 

Hannah is sort of charlotte's best friend, and Ernie comes right after her. Susan is really close with Hannah, so she's always around too. Not sure how I'll fit Justin into this but I think he's "mates" with Ernie but for the sake of not overcomplicating things for now he'll be more of good friends with the other confirmed puffs that i can't seem to remember the name of at the minute.