Ch 1 Mariah

not edited

"Wow I can't believe we get to come here for our last year until we graduate," I say as I admire the dorm apartment that me and my very best friends will be sharing  for the next year of our lives. the walls are a soft cream with the best dark wood flooring going throughout the whole dorm, each bedroom has a Queen size four poster canopy bed and matching nightstand and dresser

"I knoooow I can feel the love in the air!!!" summer squeals as she flops down dreamily on the chocolate couch that's centered in the middle of the living room.

"I can't wait to meet the guys from the neighboring pack" lily says walking out of her room and sitting next to summer on the couch as a big smile plasters on her face

"we all get to scope them out at the bonfire tonight" Reena says walking into the dorm room rolling two huge bags in tow

"well ladies you know how long it takes all of us to get ready so let's unpack shower and get ready to go mate hunting" I say smiling as the idea of finally finding my mate the one person who I've been saving myself for and dreaming about since I was five, my mother would tell me and my brothers stories of how it is when you find your mate, how as soon as you lock eyes its as if the whole world freezes, when you touch its as if your body is slowly burning the sweetest fire you have ever felt I couldn't wait sure I dated here and there but I've always wanted only my mate and knowing that he may be sooo close is making my wolf a lil anxious

all the girls agree as we go into our separate rooms to unpack i plug in my iPhone to my speakers on my desk and push play as  Chris brown blast from my speakers.

all the girls decided since were in Texas and the bonfire is going to be held at a beach we all decided to just to go in bathing suits and shorts. I decided to wear my hot pink bikini  with black shorts and sandals I threw my strawberry red hair into a messy bun slipping on my shades I walk into the living room to see summer in a yellow bikini with white shirts and sandals with her light blond hair pulled into two pig tails.

Lilly and Reena are in matching outfits too with Lilly's bikini being purple with dark purple shorts and sandals with her dark brown hair pulled into one long braid and Reena in a red bikini with grey shorts and sandals with her honey blond hair pulled into a tight bun. seeing that every one looked good we made our way out the dorm and headed for the bonfire.

as soon as we make it to the party you can feel the hum of excitement in the air as the fires blazing high, the music is blasting with bodies already glued to one another. and the mixture of scents everywhere

"alright girls stay safe let's meet back up in an hour right here" I say before everyone goes there separate ways as I make my way over to the table were the drinks our located just as I reach the table to grab a much needed drink i feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and butterflies start to flutter like crazy as the most sweetest of smells hit my nose, throwing my cup away no longer thirsty I follow the smell as it leads me to the woods.

After walking for a few minutes I come upon a stream were the smell is so strong I feel my legs get weak sitting down on the edge of the stream I look around for the source of the smell but I'm only met with darkness, maybe its just my imagination messing with me I say to myself as I stand up to get ready to head back to the party when I bump into something hard right before I fall over two very strong arms grab a hold of me and the sparks that I feel going off on my arms has my wolf howling in ecstasy.

I look up into a pair of silvery grey eyes that has me so lost I can't do nothing but stare at him slowly the stranger inches forward and once our lips touch I know I'm a goner. the hold that the stranger has on me is firm yet soft and his lips our as soft as rose petals against my lips I feel his tongue dart out and lick my bottom lip asking for entrance, I didn't need to be asked twice I open my mouth instantly welcoming in the sweet taste of cinnamon I felt like my world was spinning out of control I faintly hear voices not sure where they were coming from and not really caring at the moment just as a moan escapes my mouth the kiss was over breathing in deeply I open my eyes to find myself all alone.

"what the hell I say aloud I know I didn't just dream that" I say touching my kiss swollen lips.

"hey Mariah we've been looking all over for you what you doing out here?"

"I....I....I don't know" I say taking one more look around as we make our way back to the party.