I Knew it Wasn't a Good Idea!

Snowy leaped out in front of us and aggressively barked at the bigger dog. Somehow, the other dog seemed frightened and ashamed.

I looked at Snowy with bewilderment. "Crumbs... I wasn't expecting that." For such a small dog, he sure has one hell of a bark.

"Can your bird do that?" Despite the fact that we nearly died together, we were both still bitter.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I thought it was obvious that a bird can't bark. Now come one, we have model ship to take back." Without a second thought, I jogged back to the entrance of Marlinspike Hall.

"It's best to go through the window. It wouldn't really work if we knock on the door." Tintin suggested.

"Breaking in isn't as civil and would likely cause hostility, but it seems to be the best option at the moment."

~Mini Timeskip~

Tintin and I practically fell into the window. We landed in a tangle of limbs on the hard floor. "On a normal day, I would enjoy this. But it isn't a normal day and we sure as hell haven't been getting along so far." I said, half angry and half flirting. Flirting is usually an instinct at this point. I rolled apart and I briefly caught the faint blush on Tintin's cheeks before it disappeared.

I quickly shuffled around the room before Tintin saw a glass case with a model ship inside it. "My ship!" We both exclaimed and we glared at each other once again.

Before I could get there before I did, Tintin opened the case and gingerly (Heh, pun) removed the model ship from it's sheltered case.

Suddenly, I heard a noise and I instantly moved into the shadows. Almost immediately after, Tintin was hit on the head with a blunt object and he fell to the floor. He was certainly out cold; no doubt about it.

I resisted the urge to snicker, but I knew I had to stay silent. I honestly don't want to suffer the same fate, but who would? I knew this was a bad idea, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. I really need to start following my gut more often, it tends to lead me in the right direction.

After a short while, Rich Boy waltzed into the room just as Tintin came to. "Hello there... It seems you let yourself in."

"We're here for our ships." Tintin snapped and he seemed quite irritated.

Rich Boy raised his eyebrow. "We? Who else is here?"

"Oh, just a certain ___ ___, who's hiding somewhere in this room." Oh come on. That little-

I angrily walked out of the shadows and snapped, "You little snitch! I told you this was a bad idea, and then you have to go rat me out?"

Tintin ignored me and said, "This is my ship! It was stolen from me earlier this evening."

They soon started a heated argument that I had no intention to become interfere with. Tintin started to ask several questions, which amused me. It is his job, and he doesn't fail at it from what I've noticed. I shuddered at the fact that I basically just complimented him.

"Goodness me! Why so many questions?" The Sugar-Coated man laughed a bit.

"It's my job, you see. There could be a story here."

"It's no great mystery.Sir Francis Haddock was a drunkard and a hopeless reprobate. He was doomed to fail and he bequeathed that failure to his sons." The man started to look cautious. "What else have you found out?"

Dear God, this was amusing. "What is there to find?"

"That depends on what you're looking for."

"I'm looking for answers, Mr. Sakharine." The look of determination on Tintin's face was quite admirable and it interested me. I need to stop thinking like this... And I now know Rich-Boy's name!

"Well, you're looking in the wrong place." Sakharine was noticeably angry at this point.

I chose this time to speak up. "Actually, it seems like a good place to find them. You have a model ship, which is one that Tintin and I are both missing. You also are showing cautious behavior, and you're definitely hiding something." I crossed my arms as I analyzed him.

"It's getting awfully late." He growled at me. "I think you both should go home."

The other man who was in the room, who I assumed to be the butler, said, "This way, sir and ma'am."

Tintin and I followed him to the door. "It's a pity, sir." Tintin seemed confused.

"I'm sorry?"

"That the mast broke on your ship, sir. I hope you found the pieces. Things are so easily lost..." His words surprised me. I had found a small metal cylinder under my carpet, and his words implied that it was part of the ship.

"Nestor, where are you?!" I heard Sakharine yell before 'Nestor' closed the door.