midoriya-quirkless! reader[angst]

Being quirkless was the worst possible thing to ever happen to a child. It wasn't supposed to be like this. They wished it didn't have to be like this. They were the only quirkless child in their school. They knew everyone's quirks. Jealousy pitted in their stomach. Why didn't they have one too?

"You don't have a quirk?? Pfff what a loser!" A popular school bully laughed out of pity at you.

The bullies henchmen sniggered behind him.
You felt tears in your eyes making them burn. Bruises had begun to fade from last weeks assaults, only to be replaced with brand new ones. They always stole your money, and then beat you till you were bloody.

"W-w-what's wrong with not having a q-quirk?!!?"
Midoriya appeared many notebooks in his hands.
He was trembling violently. Midoriya was a friendly acquaintance, he didn't have a quirk either which is why you liked to hang out with him. You always got along and shared the joy of heroes together.

"Pff the other quirkless kid, whadda gonna do ?"
The bully smacked his fist and hand together.

" I-I don't have a quirk either. If you're going to hit someone, hit me!" He said. He was trying to be brave but he was scared, you knew it.

The quirkless child's heart flared and fluttered at his words. In their eyes he was the strongest person in that room.

Midoriya , got a bruise by his eye and the bullies laughed and walked away.
"I'm sorry you got hurt because of me..." You whimpered seeing him place a hand on the bruise.

"Don't worry about it [y/n], are you hurt?" He blushed softly.

"Oh, I'm ok!! Don't worry about me!! We should go to the nurse you have a bruise and some cuts." You said softly patting him on the shoulder lightly.

Midoriya had a crush on you, you were sweet and kind. He could see you becoming a wonderful hero. One that loved to help people. That day the two of you made a pact.

"Promise that we will both be strong together! Even though we don't have quirks we can become heroes!"
You smile lightly and nod your head.

-

  Even though Midoriya had gained his quirk, yours never came. So, you became a different kind of hero, one that saved lives. A large villain attack burst itself onto the precinct where you worked.
  Part of the hospital was bombed and you were one of the last doctors trying to get patients to safety. At the last second a large chunk of concrete fell in between you and the last open exit. Cutting you off from your co-workers and patients. You were sweaty and on the brink of exhaustion.
Another explosion erupted beneath the building next door shaking the surrounding areas. Throwing you off balance. You stumble hitting your head and a thin metal rod jabs through through your side. You instinctively gasp and try to move to safety, but the building is collapsing all around you.
There is no where left to go.
You clutch your side. There's still so much more to do. So many more things you wanted to do. Midoriya's smiling face appears in your mind.

"[y/n], we should go on another date soon, it's been awhile!"
You laughed as he squeezed your hand.
"I'd like that very much."

All those memories flash in front of your eyes. It's getting harder to breath. Smoke.

It's so hard to move. The dull sore ache in your side.
"Izuku!" You cry out.
It's so loud, you can barely hear yourself.
Your vision became blurry as you felt blood drip from your forehead.
"Crap." You wipe away sticky warm blood.

You felt powerless. You felt angry and scared.
You begin to cry softly. Hot salty tears dripping down your soft cheeks.

"[y/n]! [y/n]! Can you hear me?" Midoriya's muffled voice echoed near you.
"Izuku, I can't get out I'm trapped."
You place your hand near the wall, you can hear the strain in his voice, he sounds tired, scared, and upset.
"D-don't worry! We can get you out! I promise!" He sounds uncertain.
And you can barely hear a shouting argument passed the wall.
"Deku! The whole building will collapse if we move this piece!"
"Please! They're right there! They're so close!"
"You are risking many more lives if we move this piece. This is one of the hard decisions we have to make."

Oh. You won't be leaving huh. You cry harder. You slump closer to the wall digging through a few of the rocks an opening.
"Izuku!" You can barely stick your hand through the hole.
You can see him. If you're going to die at least you can see him before you do.
He appears near you, a stream of messy tears are on his cheeks and he is red from anger.
You reach your hand out and feel his cheek.
"Please don't cry, I hate seeing you in pain."

"W-we can't move the rocks, the building will collapse." He grasps your hand tighter.
"I know. But, you have to be strong for me. You have to be strong." You could feel the affects of low oxygen and your wound slowing you down. Blood was gushing out faster since removing the rod, and you trying to put pressure on it.

"I don't want to! I want you to stay !" He cried into your hand. You rubbed his cheek and his hair comforting him.

"Izuku, I-I'm dying. I know it's a lot to ask, but you need to go. You can't stay any longer."

You could taste iron in your mouth and blood seeping it's way out of your mouth. It was hazy and you are beginning to lose focus.
"No! No no! I don't want to leave you! Please don't make me go!" He shouted at you.

"I love you so much. I wish we could have gotten to go on one last date." You could feel him move from your hand.
"[y/n], I don't want to be a hero without you."

He gripped your hand one last time before his teammates ripped him from the building just before it came crashing down in front of him.
He was screaming and thrashing at the lot of them.
Not you. Why did it have to be you?

___________________________
edited-2017
re-written-January 2021