"Anyways guys let's have the night of our lives!"

I looked to my left at y/n sitting next to me. Natalie pumped the gas and we were off. Y/n peacefully looked out the window of the car. I gently reached my hand over and gently interlocked my fingers with hers. She turned to me and smiled as she squeezed my hand.

*At the dance*

We were all on the dance floor in a circle. All of us were jamming out to a fast upbeat song. The night was going great so far. Then the song changed to a slower song. One of my favorites as well. I turned to y/n and give her a small smirk. She tilted her head as she gave me a giggly smile. I gently grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me. Her hands slid their way up to wrap around my neck. Then she laid her head on my chest. I could feel her staggered heartbeat as we swayed easily to the rhythm of the song. My eyes closed to take in the moment.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something..."

She lifted her head off my chest to look me in the eyes.

"What?"

"I..."

Then I choked. I couldn't get the words out. Then I sputtered out something random.

"Once I took out a ton of police officers in the kitchen of the pentagon while listening to this song."

Where the hell did that come from? She gave me a confused look.

"What? Like in a dream or something?"

"No, in real life..."

"Okay... why were you at the pentagon?"

"I was helping these other mutants break this one guy out..."

"What did the guy do to get in there?

"Nothing too serious..."

"Oh so he was in the pentagon for a speeding ticket?"

"Of course not that would be stupid."

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"I thought I should tell you since I haven't told you about it yet."

"So you're telling me now... at prom... during a romantic slow dance..."

"Yeah.."

"Okay... why were you helping these other mutants in the first place?"

"They seemed pretty trustworthy and plus breaking into the pentagon sounded fun."

"And why did these other mutants need this guy broken out?"

"I don't know I didn't ask I just went with it, one of the other mutants punched the guy I broke out in the face when he saw him though..."

"Wow this story just keeps getting crazier."

Then the music stopped and started playing upbeat music again. We seperated while Natalie and Brody did the same.

"I'm going to go get something to drink then you can tell me more about this pentagon story."

Then I watched y/n walk through the crowed to the punch table. Why couldn't I just tell her that I loved her. I'm such an idiot.

Your P.O.V.

Peter and you were sitting on his couch after prom watching TV. Peter had been acting weird all night. Especially when he randomly started talking about the pentagon thing. You thought he was going to tell you that he liked you. You just sighed and picked up your cup of soda to take a sip. You were just sitting there not saying anything. It was starting to drive you crazy. You were so distracted by the awkwardness the cup missed your mouth causing soda to spill all over your dress.