Chapter One

"Lucy, the Fairy Tail guild has been assigned a task. I've chosen you to do it, because I couldn't think of anyone better." Makarov said as Lucy walked into his office. "Alright, what is it?" Lucy questioned. "Cobra, the former Oración Seis member, has been released from prison, meaning the Magic Council thinks he's safe for the public. They want someone to watch him for a year or two." He informed her.
Everything in Lucy's body said to decline the offer, but her heart disagreed. Ever since she saw him, she had a slight crush on him, even if he did try to kill her. "Okay, I'll do it." She agreed after a few moments. "Thank you." Makarov smiled.
"The Magic Council is sending a member over to take you to their building in Era. You'll get Cobra there, and you'll bring him back here, and he'll stay in your apartment, and if it's not large enough, I'll supply you one." He explained. "Mine is fine, and I guess I'll be leaving as early as possible?" She questioned. "Yes, you will. 4 am exactly." He chuckled. "Alright." She sighed before leaving his office.
"Hey Luuuucccceeeeee!" Natsu ran up to her. "What do you want?" Lucy smiled. "Do you want to go on a mission tomorrow?" He leaned close to her. "Sorry Natsu, I can't. Master gave me something I'll have to do, and I'll be doing it for a few years. Speaking of, I don't know how I'll get rent for those months..." He thoughts trailed off. "Alright." He sulked, walking back to his table with Erza and Gray.
"Can I have a strawberry milkshake?" Lucy asked as she sat at the bar. "Sure thing, Lucy." Mira smiled. "So, what did he old man want?" Cana asked between chugs of beer. "He's sending me on a mission tomorrow." Lucy sighed. "Ooooooh, must be big." Cana laughed. "Yeah..." The blonde let out a large sigh as she grabbed the milkshake she ordered.
•~•The following morning•~•
Lucy's alarm clock blared signaling the time 3:05 am. She groaned as she turned it off, and walked into the bathroom. The blonde took a quick shower, and got dressed. The outfit being a deep purple dress that reached her mid-thigh, a black leather jacket, and black knee high stockings, black ankle hight boots. Her hair was positioned into a ponytail with a ribbon, her bangs framing her face. A purse was across her chest and waist holding her celestial keys and whip.
As Lucy finished getting dressed, she grabbed a granola bar, and left her apartment for the train station. "I assume your Lucy Heartfellia?" A man with short black hair asked as Lucy approached him. "I am." Lucy nodded. "I am Kyōgi, a member of the council. I'll be taking you to get Erik." The man now known as Kyōgi smiled. "Erik?" She questioned. "Erik is Cobra's real name." He answered. She nodded and they got onto a train.
Within a few hours, the pair reached the Magic Council building. "Kyōgi Kai and guest." Kyōgi said to the two guards. They opened the doors. The council member led Lucy through a few halls and to the entrance of a room.
"This is where Erik is. You take this key, and unlock his handcuffs when you are comfortable. Also, whenever you are on a mission or are out at any other place besides Magnolia, use the handcuffs." Kyōgi hands her a silver key. "Alright." Lucy opened the door, and the council member almost ran away.
"Hi." Lucy smiled. Cobra grunted. "I know your just as uncomfortable as I am right now, but we're gunna have to get through it." She sighed. "I know." He grunted and stood up. He began getting closer to her. 'Keep yourself together....' She thought as a blush creeped onto her face. Cobra smirked for a small second.
Lucy and Cobra walked towards the train station. They heard a large clap of thunder. Lucy yelped and rain began pouring down. Cobra grabbed her hand to the best of his abilities due to the handcuffs, and he'd her under the awning of a closed shop. "T-Thanks." She smiled, but a light pink blush was across her cheeks.
The pair stood there until the rain died down, which was a few hours. "They finally got onto a train and into Magnolia. "Oh, I'm sorry!" Lucy turned around and unlocked the handcuffs. Cobra twisted his wrists, and rubbed where the metal left a mark.
Lucy led Cobra into her apartment. Uh, I guess you can take the bed until I'm able to get a second bed, and I'll take the couch. Is that alright?" She asked. "That's fine. I could sleep on the floor for all I care." He mumbled. "Alright." She smiled.
Lucy walked into the kitchen and began making breakfast. "Want some?" She asked as she pulled out a box of pancake mix. "Sure." Cobra grunted. She smiled to herself.
Lucy softly sang the lyrics to 'Car Radio' by Twenty One Pilots, and Cobra sat on the couch listening softly. Cobra was starting to warm up to the blonde, though he hardly knew her.
"Here you are." Lucy set down a plate of pancakes. He mumbled a small 'thank you' and began eating. "So, tell me about yourself." She smiled. "Why?" He asked. "Well, if we're gunna live together for a few years, I walk to get to know you." She giggled.
"As a kid, I was in the Tower of Heaven until Brain saved me and the other members of the Oración Seis. Jellal allowed him to take all of us. Brain let us join Oración Seis, and that's when I implanted a Poison Dragon slayer lacrima into myself." Cobra explained. "You put it in yourself?!" Lucy was shocked. "Yeah. I wanted to be more powerful." He chuckled. "Tell me about your childhood." He continued.
"Well, as a kid I lived with my father in the Heartfellia Kozern. He ran the installments of railroads. So, we were rich in people's eyes. My mother loved me, but my father, not so much. He focused on his work, more than me. He said, 'Work before you.' Though, I still love him. My mom died quite a few years ago, then I ran off." Lucy rambled. "You were a princess type thing?" Cobra asked with a raised brow. "Yeah..." She sighed.
The pair talked for quite a few hours, until around 4:00. "The guild is probably wondering if I'm okay." Lucy mumbled as she looked as the clock on her wall. "Go see 'em." Cobra shrugged. He knew the blonde a lot more, and the liking turned into love, only within a few hours.