Chapter 1

Emily was sitting in class starring at the chalkboard a head of her, while chewing a straw. Grammar was not her strong suite, she had always had gotten a F,D,or a C. I a hand slammed down on the desk, she jumped, the class snickered. "Emily, I was asking you a question" the teacher asked

Emily looked at the chalkboard again" I don't know " she replied when she took the straw out of her mouth. the teacher looked disappointed then stuck her hand out to me as if she was saying give me that straw. I handed it her she took it and dropped it in the garbage. Emily must of fallen a sleep because when she had waken the fire alarm when off, no one was in the class room. she jumped up and ran out the door, the hall way was half on fire or had lots of smoke. She heard a scream she ran to the cry. She turned down the hall the found the room with the cry for help she opened it a girl about her age was in the middle crying. Emily ran towards her and pulled her wrist the girl refused to come, so Emily tried to pick her up. she was surprisingly light. Emily and the girl on her back were running through the building. Emily felt like she was on fire, then the door came in side. she pushed her hands and opened the door. and ran out of the building on fire. Ran until she was in safe proximity form the school then passed out .