Break my heart in two, please.

'How do I look, mom?" I asked. It was an hour before my date with Joel and I wanted to look perfect! Jenna tried to help me dress up a bit; surprising considering I can't stand her.

"You look beautiful, Abby. And I mean it Who's the boy?" Mom asked, smiling as she admired my outfit. I had settled on a dark blue camisole, with a blue jean skirt. With it, I paired my new sandals, and a thin, slinky jacket. My hair was very curly, and I added a flower clip to my hair.

"His name is Joel, mom. Are you sure I look alright? This is a date, you know."

"Yes. You look fine. Now get down here and eat your supper before you leave."

The hour that followed was boring and dull. I rushed to eat a couple slices of pizza, and watched part of the Falcon's game with my brother and Jenna. When it was time to leave, I left with a hurry.

The beach had already began to grow darker, and the people on the beach became fewer and fewer. I stood over by the snack machine and checked my watch: ten till twelve. Hopefully he'll be here soon! I glanced around the beach a couple of times, but still nothing. Minutes rolled over to hours. I glanced at my watch again; half past one. Should I just leave?

Before I decided to leave, I chose to take a walk on the beach by myself. The crashing waves and moon reflecting on the water really made me feel comfortable. I let my mind wander and think about things I haven't been able think about for a while; like my dad's death. I know its hard, but I think it's hit me harder then anyone else. Mom doesn't morn over it anymore, and my brother's so caught up in Jenna he doesn't even think about dad.

Right when he was going to pass, mom cried so much. All the family was by his bedside, at all hours of the day. He used to tell me stories of when he was a kid, and show me handshakes his buddies at school used to share with him. He always made sure everyone was taken care of, but it was odd to have everyone taking care of him. He didn't just die, he left behind the memory of a good helper. A good father. A good role model.

Another thing is what I want to do when I graduate. I've got one more year to decide what I want to do, and I'm still unsure. I used to dream of being a dance, or an actor. Spot light on me. Graceful, beautiful, and the center of attention. But now, I really don't know. A cook like mom? A dentist like uncle Rob? Or maybe I should do what dad always wanted me to be.. A surfer. While pondering what I should do, I heard a voice in the distance.

"I'm glad to see you tonight. Its been to long." A high pitched voice said, speaking seductively and in a faint whisper.

"Yeah. I need to leave." A manly voice said, speaking with a hint of rush and urgency.

"Not yet. Where do you have to go?" The higher voice said.

As I lurked around the corner, I recognized the man. It was Joel. The girl, a thin blond, was leaning on him against a palm tree. And they were kissing. KISSING. Not just a quick peck, but full blown, sloppy tongue, KISSING.

"Joel..." I said in a whipser. The tears had already began to fall long before I said a word. Joel was expressionless, and his eyes looked at me with ruefullness.

"Abby... I.."

"Save it for someone who cares!" I yelled, running full speed back to the beach house. I didn't even look back. I slammed the front door, ran up the stairs, and flopped in the bed. This was the second time I felt like I had been truly let down.