She slipped a little and you caught her.

"Careful child." You said to your daughter softly.

"Thanks mommy." She replied.

You held her tiny hand as you both entered the coffee shop. You got in line and waited patiently.

It was your turn to order. You let go of Leah's hand and gave her the look that says 'Stay right here.'

She nodded and you began ordering.

"Can I have two medium hot chocolates please?" You asked.

"That would be five dollars." The cashier said.

You handed the cashier five dollars and stepped aside so the next person could order.

You waited patiently for your order.

"Can we sit in here?" Leah asked.

You looked around and saw that the place was packed.

"I don't know Leah, the place is really busy." You explained.

Leah made her eyes water and stuck her bottom lip out in a pout. She knew you couldn't resist that face.

"Fine." You sighed and lightly smiled.

She quietly cheered as you grabbed the two hot chocolates that were freshly made.

You held them as Leah searched for a spot to sit in. You saw that there was only one empty spot, which was a table that a man was sitting at.

"Daddy!" Leah cheered as she ran to the man and hugged him.

You ran over to the man and gently pulled Leah away from him. You bent down to Leah's eye level.

"Leah, what did I say about running off like that?" You said softly.

"Sorry mommy."

"Excuse me? Do you mind if we sit at this table with you? It's the only two seats available." You asked the man.

You couldn't see his face because he was looking down and fiddling with something in his hands.

"I don't mind." The man said.

You pulled out a chair for Leah to sit. She climbed in it and her tiny three year old legs dangled.

You passed her a cup of hot chocolate and she swung her legs back and forth while slurping the delicious concoction.

You made an effort to make small talk with the man.

"I'm really sorry about my daughter running up to you and hugging you. She's never met her father. This was the first time she's actually done this though.." You explained.

You looked at Leah as she grabbed a coloring book that you brought and some crayons.

You saw the man look up at the corner of your eye.

"It's okay." The man said.

You looked back at the man and smiled as a thank you. The man looked familiar though.

"What was her father's name?" The man asked.

"His name was Leo." You said.

You saw the man's face turn into shock. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"What happened to him?"

"He died while doing a mission. He broke up with me the day before he left because he didn't want me to be heartbroken if he did die. I never told him that I was pregnant though. For the longest time, I always thought that he was still alive, but I haven't seen him in three years, so I just lost hope."