Dreaming of the End

Chapter 2:

Dreaming of the End

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I woke up shaking, drenched in cold sweats. What had woke me up? Suddenly I became aware of the fact that my phone was ringing. I could hear "Besitos" by Pierce the Veil coming from under my pillow. Jose.

I flipped over onto my belly and pulled out my phone. "Hello?" I murmured into the speaker groggily.

"You have four days. Don't try to run. They never succeed. I'd tell you to ask Jose but... He's a little, uhh, hung up." I felt my phone drop from my hand, falling onto my bed.

"Oh no. He... Oh my gosh," I picked up my phone and gently put it up to my ear again. "I- is he still alive?"

I felt my throat tighten as he spoke. "He is for now. Now don't get your hopes up. Boys like him only last about a month."

"Okay. Uhh... What are you going to do to me, anyways?" I asked, a new wave of sweat dusting my skin.

My hands started to clam up as he let out a dark chuckle and the call.

I didn't know what to do so I looked at the time. 2:41. I don't have to be up for another five hours. So I rolled over onto my back and closed my eyes.

********

I heard something at the window. Oh no. What do I do?

I heard a laugh. The same one on the phone. "Time's up."

I heard glass chatter and a man in black land on the soft carpet. I knew I wasn't going to get away but, still, I feel myself roll over off my bed.

*********

I landed with a thump on my floor, my eyes shooting open. Breathing a sigh of relief, I realized it wasn't real. It was a dream. Just a dream.

////////

Sorry it was short and the next one might be too but after these two, they'll get longer. Promise! ^~^