The mysterious Wedding

I gazed at Rebecca lustfully as she looked out our hotel rooms window. It was obvious that being back in the city made her happy. When ever she was happy, I was happy. A small knock on our door broke me from my trace. Rebecca smiled softly at me as I stood to answer the door.

"For a Sir. Jeffers." The staff member said, handing me a small, beige envelope.

"Thank you." I nodded as I closed the door and returned to my chair. Rebecca looked back out the window. I broke the seal to envelope and pulled the letter out. My eyes brightened as I read the invitation.

To: Sir Jeffers

From: ?

You have been invited to a wedding taking place tonight in times Square. Dress to the 9's. Bring booze.

A wedding, I thought happily. How exiting. Rebecca simply must accompany me! I figured that my anti-social girlfriend best be in a good mood before I invite her to come with me. A simple compliment should suffice.

"Why Rebecca," I grinned, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. "You are the prettiest girl in Brooklyn." Rebecca blushed as I planted a small kiss on her cheek.

"Why thank you, Sir Jeffers." She giggled with a wide smile. I turned her around to face me.

"Would you like to accompany me to a mysterious wedding tonight?" I asked, almost playfully.

Her eyes darkened. "No." Rebecca turned away from me.

"But-but Rebecca." I cried out the words I had never said aloud. "I love you!" Rebecca let out a small gasp.

"I.... I love you to." She whispered. Rebecca turned back around and tackled me onto the bed crowing, "I LOVE YOU!" I grinned as I kissed her nose. Rebecca wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Marry me Rebecca." I whispered into her ear. My beloved shoved me away and stood up.

"No." She whispered mournfully.

"Why?" I exclaimed, standing up beside her.

"I..." A tear formed in the corner of her eye. "I don't love you! Whoopsies!" I fell to my knees.

"REBECCA!" I shouted mournfully, accidentally cutting my self off with a kitten like sneeze. Rebecca gazed longingly out the window.

"I am in love with another..." She said softly.

"Who is this man?" I shouted angrily. My body shook with rage. How dare someone steal her her heart away from me!

"He... is..." Rebecca knelt down beside me. "You." I gasped happily. "I love you." She repeated.

"Marry me Rebecca!" I begged, taking her perfectly sculpted hands in mine.

"No." She averted her eyes quickly. I rolled onto my back in agony.

"REBECCA!" I sobbed.

"I am in love with your brother." She murmured. I jumped up to my feet.

"Chad?" I exclaimed, rage and adrenaline filling my veins. "I'll kill him when I find him!" I shouted, pulling a shaving razor out of my jacket pocket. Suddenly, our hotel room's door burst open with a gust of wind. My long lost brother flung himself into our room, laughing menacingly.

"Or," He began. "He will find you!" Chad pointed at me with a long, evil finger.

"Chad!" Rebecca exclaimed behind me. I held my razor like a dagger out in front of me.

"The mysterious wedding has been our wedding all along!" Chad cackled, flailing his arms around as he said the words. "Rebecca and I, are getting wed at the wedding today!" The words felt like a metaphorical dagger in my heart. "You are not invited!" He ripped the invitation into pieces. Chad saunted up to me like he would when we were in high school. He pulled me into bear hug. "Brother," He said soulfully. "Will you be my best man?"

"Of course brother." I nodded. I pulled away from chad. "I hate you so much." I hissed. Chad laughed and grabbed Rebecca's hand, leading her towards the door.

"Goodbye brother!" He flung open the door, "I'll see you at the bachelor party!" Chad lept the the door, slamming it shut in the process. Rebecca picked up her suitcase and looked at me from the corner of her eye, turning her head only 45 degrees.

"Goodbye Sir Jeffers." Tears flowed freely from her eyes. She opened the door and took a step out, before pausing. "I will always love you..." she sobbed. I heard the door click behind her. I fell to my knees.

"Rebecca...." I whispered into the empty room.