Part 2...More Pain

~Re-cap~

I closed my eyes as I felt my life slipping. I was happy to be here and have something beautiful as my last sight, that was until I heard the shouting and sirens. But it was to late, I let myself slip into darkness as the noise got closer…Good bye…

*

Is death suppose to feel this way? Like you were just hit by a truck? I feel like I've been cheated. I always thought that once you were dead you'd go to a place in the clouds, were you would feel no pain and have no suffering, but here I was, with a pounding headache and a feeling as if my lungs were on fire.

Another thing, shouldn’t heaven, or whatever the afterlife was, be bright and white? All I see is blackness. And I kept hearing this annoying beeping sound that goes on and off. Then there were these voices that sound so distant, but also as if they were whispering in my ear.

And then it dawned on me. I didn't die. It wasn't to late for the people that were shouting to save me.

And now here I am. In this hospital bed, having people judge me because I wanted to end my life at such an early age when they don't even know the truth. What my life was like before. They have no idea about the pain living has done to me. And yet here I am still alive and enduring more pain.

Oh Joy, it seems as though God enjoys me suffering.

"...near the lake, she slit her wrist with an old shaver blade." I heard someone say, "Not only that, but there seems to be even more damage done to her body, probably from abuse."

Oh God, what if they asked me questions? Oh God I don't think I'd be able to handle that.

I heard the heart monitor that was hooked up to me go crazy. Just thinking about that man made my heart pound.

So far my failed attempt to kill myself has only brought me a temporary vacation form him. He will come back and get me, and I might get my wish for death. Knowing him he will punish me.

I heard the rustling of feet as the doctors rushed towards me to see what was happening.

"Is she having heart attack?" asked a male nurse I assume.

"No, it's not that. Her eyes probably feel like a ton of bricks so she hasn't opened them. She may not know where she is." said a doctor.

Someone placed their hand on my forearm and began to talk with me gently. "Emma, it's ok. Your in the hospital, try opening your eyes. Can you do that for me?" Asked the male nurse. His voice was so kind and concerned. Something I’m not use to hearing.

I tried to open them, but the doctor was right. They were really heavy, but I kept trying, and I was finally able to open them.

At first the light was blinding, but my eyes finally adjusted after a few seconds.

The room was the typical hospital room. Plain white with machine after machine surrounding me, and old doctors trying to fix you.

I looked at the people that were surrounding me and noticed that there were only three. The old doctor, one female nurse, and the male I once thought was another nurse, but he wasn’t dressed as one and for another he was way to young.

I looked at him in confusion, meeting his eyes for the first time. Once I meet his eyes something told me I could trust him, but I know now not to follow my instincts, they have never been my ally.

*Victor’s POV*

I always knew my mate would be different & beautiful, but she is beyond what I has expect. Her eyes where a brilliant blue and her hair was dark brown. Normally it would look weird for someone to have features like her, but they go with her perfectly.

Once she made eye contact with me I knew that there was no way that I would ever leave her side. I saw a flicker of trust spark in her eye, but just as fast in vanished.

I know the doctor said that she has gone through more abuse then we may have expected and I know that I have my work cut out for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know it was a long wait for those reading this but I was going through some hard time.

Please show support by commenting & voting. <3