Chapter four - sleeping

Tyler's POV:

Josh is normally in the living room whenever I get back from work but today he isn't, there is no sound coming from any of the rooms when I walk down the hall either, not the bathroom, either of the bedrooms, I even hope for a sound to come from the supply closet but there's just nothing.

Starting to get a little worried I call his name, but when I get no reply full panic mode sets in and I'm almost running around the place, opening all of the rooms because maybe I'm just being paranoid and he's asleep and... There's a light coming from the bathroom.

"Josh, are you in there?" I lightly knock on the door, not wanting to disturb him but when there isn't a reply I find myself getting desperate very quickly for any sign he's there, I'd even go for something along the lines of "Tyler, you haven't brought me food have you because you know I'm not going to eat it.". I usually despise such words coming out of his mouth but now...

I try the door handle, finding the room isn't locked and open it, slowly, cautiously, because I'm afraid of what I'll find when everything is so quiet.

"J-Josh?" My voice is shaky as I take in the sight in front of me. He's there, but he's unconscious and there's empty boxes and empty blister packs from where pills have been taken out of their packaging and... No. He can't have swallowed that many. He can't have. Why would he... Why would he leave me?

"Josh." I drop down to my knees next to his body, crawling over to his side. I shake him, call his name but it isn't working. It isn't working and he isn't waking up. It isn't working. Why isn't he waking up... No, I'm sure it's fine, perfectly fine. Some of these are sleeping pills. He's just sleeping. Not dead. Not deadnotdeadnotdeadnotdead.

"P-please Josh." I'm crying, since when was I crying? It doesn't matter. I'm hyperventilating, reaching for his wrists to check for a pulse. But he's so cold and I'm shaking and my vision is blurry and I can't focus and... Nothing. No pulse. Nothing. No... No nononononono. It's just me. I can't focus. I'm doing it wrong.

Silence. Apart from my sobs there's just... Silence. No pulse, no movement, no breathing. And I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do, I don't know how to help. I can't bring back the dead.

468 words.

This may be the end but I haven't decided yet.

I tried to write Tyler thoughts and panic in a similar way to how Josh is in all his chapters but I don't think it was that successful so never mind.