Rely On Me. {Ford X Reader} Chapter 1

Run. That was the only thing she could think. Run. And for the love of God, don't stop. The girl hobbled along, as quickly as she could, the fall breeze wiping her back. Adrenaline numbing the pain for the time being. Blood coated the left side of her head, madding her (h/c) hair in blood. It was dark out. It was so dark outside. What time was it? Was it really dark, or were the black spots dancing in her vision just growing? Was she passing out? Oh god no. Please no. Do not pass out. She had to keep going. 

Water rolled down her face. Was it raining? She glanced up, as she felt more water fall down her (s/c) skin. No... It wasn't raining. She was... Crying? But why? She didn't have time for tears. She just had to keep going. Where though? She didn't have anywhere to go. A shiver ran down her spine, as she heard the sound of metal hitting metal. Oh god. She ran faster. She turned the corner and- 

"Oof" a sound left her as the back of her legs made contact with the ground. She had run into something. She scrambled to get up when she heard a voice. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going and- oh my gosh! Are- are you okay?!" 

She looked up to see a boy. She had run into a boy. She quickly got up. 

"I- I'm fine." God, her voice was so scratchy.

"I just- I have to go. Sorry." She tried to run but he grabbed her arm, stopping her. 

"No way. You're covered in blood, and you're shaking! Please, let me help you. Just for a-" That horrible sound of metal on metal ceased his words. The boy looked behind him. 

"What- what was that?" The girl started crying, and looked completely horrified.

"Look," she said "please, I'll let you help me, and explain everything to you. We just have to get out of here." Metal hitting metal. They both flinched. The boy looked at her, both confused and scared.

"O-okay. I won't ask right now. Just-" he glanced at her legs, missing chunks of skin, her right leg bleeding and badly bruised. "Oh boy. Don't fight me on this. I'm sorry." He said, scooping her up bridal style, once he had a good hold on her, he ran. At lease he had a destination in mind. The boy was fast. He didn't look that strong, but her could carry her. Then again.... When was the last time she ate? At the thought of food, her stomach growled. She blinked slowly, and when she opened her eyes again, she was laying on a couch. An old couch. A man was sitting next to her, wrapping her legs in bandages. She noticed the boy was there too, and calmed down. She closed her eyes again, deciding not to draw attention to the fact she was awake. The man sighed, and spoke to the boy. 

"Dipper, I don't like this. You find a girl running from something, covered in blood, and you help her. Not even thinking of your own life?" The boy, so his name was Dipper, let out a frustrated sigh,

"Yes, Grunkle Ford! That's what happened. I wasn't going to just leave her there. And I know you would have done the same thing, so don't lecture me." She felt 'Ford' chuckle. 

"You're right, you're right. You're just lucky Stanly isn't home. I don't know if he would have let her in." He finished the bandages on her legs and moved to her right ankle. 

"What happened to this girl? Just look at this. Her ankle is so bruised and swollen." Ford lightly pushed on her ankle, and she gasped, startling both males. "You're awake! Man I was so worried when you passed out." Dipper let out a light laugh, and awkwardly scratched the back of his head. Ford gave her a sheepish smile,

"I, um, I'm sorry. That hurt, didn't it. I'll try to be more gentle. Oh, I'm Stanford Pines by the way. You can just call me Ford, if you'd like." Dipper blushed awkwardly, "Oh... I um, never told you my name, did I? I'm Dipper. And I... Never got your name." They both looked at her patiently. She let out a cough before responding. "My name is (y/n)." Her voice was still weak. Both of their faces brightened. Ford looked at Dipper,