epilogue.

+ note ; i know some of you were upset over last chapter and i apologize for that. but i promised an epilogue and i promise you, this will change everything in this entire story.

Jungkook had been having trouble sleeping for the past year, he would only get a few hours or so of sleep in before he was unable to feel the need to sleep. He would often stay up and go back through his messages between him and Taehyung or text the others to see if they heard anything from him - of course nobody responded to those texts. So it was a surprise to the brunette when he woke up at during the afternoon after going to sleep at 8pm the night before.

He slowly sat up in his bed, his head pounding for some reason he didn't know - after all, that was the best night's sleep he had gotten in over a year. The brunette let out a soft yawn before stretching his arms above his head. He then proceeded to stand up from his bed, only to be held back down by something in his arms.

Jungkook looked down, confusion clear on every inch of his face. There were small tubes sticking into his arms - one on each arm. That's when he noticed the room he was in wasn't his bedroom and the clothes he was wearing weren't his normal sleepwear. He was wearing one of those hospital gowns and was laying in a hospital bed. How he had got there, he had no clue. Although, he did have a suspicion that he must've passed out from dehydration at his apartment and the building's landlord must've walked in on the passed-out brunette and called the ambulance whom then took him to the place he was currently at.

I'll have to thank her for that later, the brunette thought while letting out a soft sigh. He leaned back against the hospital bed and letting his eyes close for a quick second. He knew there was absolutely no way he could get himself out of the room, let alone the bed, so he stayed put and waited for a doctor or nurse of some sort to walk in and check on him.

Jungkook ran one of his hands through his hair to give himself something to do - after all, being stuck alone in a hospital room where you don't have anyone that could be there with you was quite boring and he wanted to entertain himself somehow. He was the type of person who couldn't stand being alone for such a long amount of time before it drove him crazy. That's part of the reason why he was confused as to how he lasted as long as he did without his friends there to crack jokes and pick his mood up whenever he felt down.

He frowned at the thought of his friends who had all left him. It started with Kaesi, who ran away without an explanation. Then Hoseok who decided to end things with Kuhn and made it his mission to find the missing redhead. Yoongi and Jimin were gone not too long after that, moving away to another country and not telling anyone until a little less than a year later. Taehyung leaving was the most heartbreaking thing the brunette went through though, he lost the first person he loved because he wanted to pursue his dreams. Lastly, Namjoon and Seokjin who left him to go to America with everyone else. They didn't even bother asking the younger boy if he wanted to tag along with them. No, they just left with a small goodbye and a hug.

I miss them all so much, the brunette let out a shaky breath, I hope they're all okay, wherever they are.

"Ah, I can tell by your heart monitor that you're finally awake," a feminine voice spoke from somewhere within the room. "I brought you a few visitors but I told them you were still asleep. I bet they'll be glad to hear the news of your awakening."

Jungkook opened his eyes, confused at the nurse's words. The only friends he had had either gone to America or were missing. He didn't even know anyone else in his apartment well enough to call them a friend so the brunette was shocked at the nurse's words. But when his eyes had opened and he seen the group of six standing next to a redheaded nurse, he felt his heart stop.