Chapter 5

That night, Gin's body was tired, but she could not sleep. Under her duvet, she had dreamed many times about how would be her life as a magical girl, what are her clothes, her soul gem, her magic. How was to be strong, jump great distances, resist the worst attacks.

That night was different, Gin could not sleep or dream, there was something more important.

Something that she needed to remember.

Her parents were still there, in the confines of her memories. But it was something so far away that it was difficult to discern the face of them. When she struggled, the gaps were filled, but could she trust? This would not only fruit of her imagination, her anxieties? Her heart could not give the answers anymore.

[You need seeds.]

Her efforts are interrupted by the voice of Kyuubey in her mind. Standing up, Gin knew he was not one who talks alone.

[Even if you do not use your magic, it will fade with time.]

Opening the sliding door slowly, Gin began to hear the voice of Izumi.

"I know, but I think I can wait a little longer. Who knows, maybe witches will appear in the neighboring towns soon."

Crawling down the hall, the girl came close to the paper panel walls of the dimly lit room.

[It is a very great risk. You soon will not be able to fight a witch, perhaps even against a familiar.]

The hallway was dark, Gin felt sure she was not casting a shadow against the panel.

"I know you want me to go further, but I can't go too far from the village, I couldn't return in time. Moreover, I may be entering the territory of other magical girls without knowing. They can follow me here."

Gin's eyes widened with those statements.

[There is another solution. If Gin make the contract, she can hunt witches for you until the situation improves.]

"I solve my problems, period."

Gin heard that quick and serious answer.

[I am giving you a warning. If all those years of living with you is not enough to take it into account, so I can not do anything else.]

"Have a good night."

It seemed that Kyuubey was leaving the house, although Gin was never been able to hear his silent steps. She also did not hear Izumi's one, however, she backed away slowly. It was wiser to do.

"Gin-san."

She held her breath. Was she calling her? Or was just...

"I know you're there, I can feel it."

Gin was frightened by the confirmation. Feel it? How had she done it? The mind of the girl ran to find possibilities. Besides the magic was the possibility that it was some kind of a check, a trick.

"Come here, now."

Izumi's tone clearly indicated that was her last chance. Gin clung to her nightgown, cursing herself for what would have to undergo. Finally, she stood up and walked to the sliding door to open it.

The priestess was sitting in the middle of the room, staring at the floor, without any expression.

The girl walked to stand in front of her. "Izumi-sensei..."

Without looking at her, Izumi said, "You heard our conversation."

"If I heard?" Gin pointed to herself. "No... I..."