“His mood seems to have improved.”

“Oh you noticed that,” Evan chuckles.

“Yes, is he okay?”

“Yeah we had a minor disagreement this week with a concern of his. You don’t need to worry about that.”

“Alright…this has been very helpful Evan, being able to see the actual business I’m creating a virtual world for,” I said as we walked slowly back to the entrance.

“I am pleased then,” I glanced up at him as we walked and met his eyes.

I saw genuine joy and it took my breath away. My lips parted as I turned away and licked my bottom lip slightly. My heart pounded in my ears. The sun was low in the sky and I had not realized with all the day’s work the time had gone by so quickly.

“So what do you think?” Kyle came up to us outside.

“It’s great! I’m really excited about what I can come up with for you guys,” I smiled pleasantly.

“Great, well I have to get going so I shall see you next time Ms. Winters. I am very happy this worked so well.”

I saw Evan frown at Kyle out of the corner of my eye and Kyle glance at him without taking the smile off his face.

“My pleasure,” I spoke ignoring the silent communication.

I began to put my things away in my briefcase as Evan walked with Kyle to his car and I assumed were saying good bye. Today was quite productive and I am positive I have gotten a lot of useful information to use in my design.

I put the briefcase away in the trunk of my car and pulled out my keys as Evan came back over to me and Kyle left in his car waving.

I smiled at Evan enjoying the sight of him being slightly dusty from the work we did. I got the feeling that he usually did much more back breaking work here than he did today. He smiled back taking a deep breath as we studied each other.

“Would you like to go to dinner?”

“Are you hungry?”

We both spoke at the same time. I chuckled as he did.

“Yes I would,” I spoke looking down at my keys.

“Yes I am,” Evan answered my question.

“We can take my car and I’ll drop you off here afterwards?”

“Sounds like a plan,” I agreed taking a breath. He led me over to his car, a sleek black Cadillac. Hmm, fitting, I thought. He opened the passenger door for me.

“After you Ms. Winters,” his voice had gotten a few notches huskier and it sent shivers through me in places that have not been active in a long time.

“Thank you Dr. Jacobs,” I said flirtatiously back and was rewarded with a handsome smirk.

I knew things were changing. We shouldn’t be socializing outside of work and therapy, but what harm could be done by going to dinner? It wasn’t a date, just two colleagues getting some food after a long work day…right?

I watched as he shut the passenger door and walked around to the driver’s side.

“Where to?” he asked once he settled in and started the car watching me expectantly. Something shone in his eyes that weren’t always there before. It made my limbs feel like jello and I swore he could melt lead with that gaze.

“What do you feel like?” I asked.

He looked out at the ocean vista. “Well seafood seems kind of cliché.”