Once I did I saw Kyle and Evan exit the building talking to each other. They had not noticed my arrival yet and seemed deep in conversation. Immediately I was pleased with my clothing choice as they looked just as casual. Evan had on a plain black t-shirt and jeans but still managed to look gorgeous and a construction hard hat sat on his head.

Kyle was in slacks with a play white t-shirt on and the same hard hat. They walked over to another man who was dressed in a light blue thick button up shirt with an embroidered logo or name tag on it I couldn’t see from this distance, but it was the same as some of the other workers I could see in the area.

He must be the contractor and all his other employees. I watched as they all leaned against the hood of a truck looking over what I assumed were blueprints. Evan looked up briefly and right at me and back down again…and up again realizing I had arrived. I smiled from my amusement. We just locked eyes for a moment as I continued my advance to them and Evan smiled back before he nudged the other men.

Kyle looked up and put on a wry smile. As if he wasn’t very pleased, but glad to see me. This confused me even further, but I told myself it was none of my business or concern.

“Good morning gentlemen,” I spoke as I arrived to them.

“Hello Ms. Winters,” Kyle said and extended his hand. At least his handshake still felt friendly.

“Good morning Sonja,” Evan said kindly shaking my hand and I noticed Kyle shoot him a split second sharp look and quickly wiping it off his face.

“This is our contractor Mike,” Kyle introduced me to the man in the contractor shirt. He smiled pleasantly. I noticed his nose seemed lopsided, but had blue eyes like me, not as crystalline as mine and short cropped golden blonde hair. He is handsome and not too rugged as I would expect from a contractor.

“Hello, nice to meet you,” I shook his hand and looked down at the blueprints of the building.

“Smart lady you got here,” I looked up at Mike confused. “You wore sneakers most the women who come here are always in heels.”

“Oh,” I laughed giving myself a mental thumbs up.

“So do you want the tour?” Evan asked making me jump a little. I didn’t realize he had come up behind me. I turned around seeing his warm smile as he waited.

“Sure,” I beamed up at him. “Kyle, are you joining us?” I asked.

“Of course,” he seemed to have put aside whatever is bothering him as that pleasant demeanor of his was back.

I walked between the both of them with my notebook in hand as they slowly showed me inside. It seemed all the offices where patients would be for therapy or psychiatry appointments were on the ocean faced side of the building and they all had huge windows. Certainly they were going for tranquil and I liked it.

My mind flowed with images and ideas for the website and I took a lot of photos. I also got my hands dirty helping out with some minor construction. I helped them work on cleaning up the saw dust that was everywhere and chips and bits of metal and shavings that scattered the floors. I helped them put up a wall for one of the rooms as the sounds of hammering, saw blades, and electric screwdrivers sounded all around for most of the day.

“Do you think when the building is complete and furnished I could take more photos to put on the website for an about us page and views to make it feel tranquil and welcoming as this place does in person?” I asked as we walked through.

“Of course the building will be done in a few weeks and furnishing would begin your welcome to that,” Kyle expressed.

His mood seemed to improve the further the day wore on and as we shared ideas and discussed plans. Kyle got busy for a while talking to one of the other workers so I stood there with Evan and my notes. I had to ask.