Hitchhiking to Camelot

Start from the beginning

Sucking on the end of your cigarette, you exhaled and replied, "No-Name."

Daryl and Rick shared a look of puzzlement

Daryl and Rick shared a look of puzzlement. Hitting his head repeatedly against the back of his seat, Daryl remarked, "You get stranger by the damn minute."

"What kinda name is that?" Rick asked with a hearty chuckle.

"Yeah," Daryl sneered. "Mommy and Daddy didn't love you or somethin'?"

"Daryl!" Rick reprimanded. "Would you dial it back?" His hands tightened on the wheel.

Pouting in silence, Daryl continued to turn the atmosphere of the vehicle into a smoky haze. He slung his leg across you. "Roll down that damn thing, would ya?" he demanded. You opened the window fully, and he propped up his foot on the ledge. You sighed at his obnoxious maneuver as he settled into a more comfortable position. "Thank you, kindly," he jeered.

That son of a bitch, you thought, feeling constrained.

"You belong to a group?" This Rick fellow was a rather inquisitive character.

"Nope," you quickly riposted. "Just call me the Lone Ranger."

Huffing at your answer, Daryl shifted in his seat. He didn't believe you. "Oh sure. A tiny thing like you can definitely hold her own," he scoffed.

What a grumpy, little Debbie-Downer! Brushing off his harsh sarcasm, you snickered at Daryl, "You'd better watch your mouth, sweetie-pie."

Rick acted as the mediator and changed the subject. "Who was this thief of yours?" Rick queried, focusing on the road.

"Some axe-murdering-maniac," you said, omitting his name. "He was built like a brick shit-house, so I couldn't fight him off."

Rick's eyes widened. "You ran into that mountain man, too?"

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! you yelled in your mind. Shivering in astonishment, you cried, "What?! Where did you see him last?!"

"A couple of miles before you crossed our path," he explained.

Damn it, I just missed him!

"The fucker damn near took out Rick when he pulled his gun on him," Daryl added. "Tackled the shit-head. Should've taught him a fucking lesson with the crossbow." His manner was cold and brooding.

" His manner was cold and brooding