[ Prologue ]

Pete:

I was so nervous and embarrassed. It paid off in the end - seeing the result in the mirror.

I finally decided to buy myself what I've wanted - a skirt.

I head into this store at the mall that I have never been into. A lady smiles at me as I step inside.

"May I help you find anything?" She asks, walking in front of the counter.

"Uh... Where can I find the, uh, skirts?" I mumble, scratching at my jacket's sleeve.

"They will be in that department. Do you need help finding the size?" I guess she'd assumed from my fidgety hesitation.

"Yes, please." I mumble and she chuckles a bit before leading the way.

"Is this for... you, sweetie?" She asks with a confused smile. I nod once and bite my nails.

"That's nice! No need to be embarrassed!" She laughs. My face infuriates with pink. "Your size will be different, however. I assume those pants are men's size; meaning you will be a slightly larger size in women's apparel." She explains. But did she really have to differentiate the genders like that?

"I'd try this one, sweetheart. It seems like your fit." I'd hate to be rude, but I'd appreciate if she stopped assuming things. It's just very uncomfortable; with this being my first time opening up in public.

"Thank you, miss." I'm able to speak and she walks off after a nod.

Well... I've made it this far. I shrug and make my way to the dressing rooms. I am relieved to see only one arrow that indicates a singular, unisex room.

Patrick:

It's been so long since I've left my house for fun - if shopping was considered "fun." But for awhile now, I have wanted to buy something special. Other than anything geeky or necessary, I have really been wanting to buy something new to me.

When I walk into a shop of women's clothing, I search for a cute, oversized sweater with sleeves that cover my wrists, or some stockings, or maybe a floral skirt. That'd make a cute outfit...

It's not until I head towards the back of the store when I find what I want most.

I pick up a pair of white panties with a bow attached to the back and admire them. These are a keeper.

I may be getting some weird looks, but I was too distracted by the array of silk and lace to mind that. I was only buying this pair, plus some pantyhose to go with the few skirts I had at home. But those will remain home until I'm ready.

Then another pair caught my eye as I headed to the cashier.

Black fabric and thin rear, lace boarding the waist. Pretty tight and unsafe to bend down, I imagine in them. I take the hanger and pile the pair with my clothing.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" The woman asks with an unsteady smile.

"Yes, thank you." I smile, ignoring her concern.

"Your total is $20.42, sir." She delivers, handing me my purchases in a lovely, paper bag. I pay and accept the receipt, giving a smile.

Pete:

It wasn't half bad on me - at least that's what I thought. I think I look better in short skirts than long. I have found four above-the-knee skirts that fit like a glove, each distinct in style.

The first was hot pink and plaid with black stripes. The second was a royal purple with lighter speckles, which I loved because I knew tons of outfits to create with it. The third skirt was a little longer and floral, splats of pastel and roses, with a bow waistband. The final one was light blue with black lace underneath and felt wonderfully comfy.

Now was the decision - which I suck at; it takes me forty minutes to decide what food I am craving!

Maybe I should just blindly choose. Or eenie-meenie-miney-mo it...

Patrick:

My first purchase was a success! I hope it was worth it and I hope I look good in the panties. It was pretty expensive - a lot more than guys' clothing.

I still have cash, and mall visits are rare for me, so I head into another store and skim through offers.

I find the skirts upon bargain hunting. So many sales and patterns and styles. Goodness, I may take awhile here!

I find a few skirts I love, but rethink when I see the prices.

This one may work for me - a pastel blue skirt with a layer of black lace beneath the blue. I see arrows pointing to the direction of the fitting rooms and follow them. The door is shut, but if someone was in here, they would've locked the door.

Pete:

I am finally going to decide until the variety of colors tempt me again. The patterned ones are so pretty... but the blue one fit so well. And the classic punk plaid is my style.

I tense up and gasp, reaching for anything to cover myself up. But it's too late.

Patrick:

Oh dear. I just walked in on Pete Wentz trying on skirts.

We both remain still. For a long while.

"Sorry, wrong room." I try to sound sane and content, but a grumble of panic comes out.

I shut the door again and take a moment to process this.

(This is just a short summary of what this book will be like. But there will be more explanation and more characters and smut, I promise!)