Chapter Eight

Draco's pov
"Hey I was..." I started and then she came into the room. I stood there my mouth wide open, in total shock. She was breathe taking, the long brown haur she used to have now turned into a deeper color of red with highlights that popped when the she walked by the window. Instead of the frizzy long curly brown hair, it was replaced by a straightened A-line cut that barely came across her shoulders. 

"So, what do you think." She says shyly running her fingers through the shortened hair.

"I....I think it looks lovely," I says smiling at her. She brings the corners of her mouth up, slowly smiling.

I turn over to Sam who was smirking at me," Sam, how much do I own you?"

"No fees, I was happy just to be able to work on Miss Grangers hair, but come with me for a second I found something you might want to look at."

"Thank you Sam," I say as I follow him up the stairs into one of the rooms. Sam sits on the bed in the room, and  I slowly sit next to him.

"Draco, I have to ask, why do you have Miss Granger with you." He says quietly ask if she was in the room too.

I sit there sliently, not knowing how to answer, what I should answer. Why am I helping her, to condemn old sins, to help her out in life, or both. I should have know he would ask this, and I just can't lie to him, I have changed.

"I don't know why, I just haven't found my reason yet." I say bitting my lip and running my hand through my hair.

"Maybe you will soon," He says as he lightly pats my back.

"I hope I do too." I say looking out the door trying to see a glimpse of her.

"One more thing before I let you go off, don't let this one go." Sam says quietly in my ear.

"I won't," I whisper back.

I get off the bed and start to walk back down the stairs, Sam follow closely behind. Hermione was slowly running her fingers through her hair on the couch.

"Hey are you ready to go now," I ask her.

She nods her head and gets up off the couch and goes over to Sam. She thanks him and he pulls a hug and whisper something in her ear. She slowly starts to blush and lets go. I start to walk out the door with Hermione close behind.

"Thank you Sam, We couldn't have done it without out you, I can promise you that." I shout as we walk to the car.

"You are always welcomed here, come back soon so I can trim those ugly split ends of yours." He shouts from the front porch.

Hermione laughs at Sam comment, and gets back into the black car. I start the car and head out of the driving way, Sam waving in the mirror. Hermione  places her hand on top of mine, and  looks at me.

"Thank you."