XII • TWELVE

It was the 31st of October 1992. It's what should of been a happy time of the year, however for Charlotte this was not the case. This was the anniversary of her aunt and uncles death and the day her father betrayed them.

Just like the previous 4 years Charlotte often moped around the castle looking like she had seen a ghost. She never made an effort with her appearance on Halloween. She never brushed her hair and didn't have her usual makeup on. She never tried in lessons. She didn't eat and she barely spoke.

Both students and staff were aware of this custom and often let the girl off. For this was a very traumatic day for her to endure. She hated seeing everyone have a good time around her enjoying the festivities, while she was sitting in corners crying because three of the people she loved the most got taken away from her in a mere matter of minutes.

At the end of the school day Charlotte walked to the library and took a seat in the corner and just started to read whatever she felt like. This was because she didn't want to go back to the common room because there would of been a party going on and even though she was now old enough to attend the Gryffindor Halloween Party she didn't want to.

Once she thought it was late enough she went back to the common room when she saw water on the floor. She followed the trail to see a petrified Mrs Norris and Harry. She stood in  shock until she realised the both had to leave before someone walked this way and assumed it was them who petrified the cat.

Charlotte walked over to Harry and grabbed his hand. She tugged on it and started to walk away. But this plan did not go to well as Argus Filch had walked down the corridor and when he saw the scene in front of him he started to shout, this creating a huge commotion.