2

It was three months later when Percy realized what he had to do. He couldn't live without Nico. He had honestly tried, because he knew Nico would want him to carry on. But the only way Percy could possibly be happy was with Nico. So that's why Percy decided that if Nico couldn't come to him, he would go to Nico.

"Percy, You can't go there! You could get turned into a monster or die or something!" Grover anxiously tapped his hoof against the floorboards of the Poseidon cabin.

"Grover, I have to. I'm so sorry, but you don't know what it's like living and knowing your only love is dead because you screwed up! You have Jupiner!"

Grover's tapping became frantic,"But you know I can't go with you! Underground, remember. Please! Don't go!"

Percy sighed. He knew his best friend was only looking out for him, but he honestly couldn't help himself any longer. His body was screaming for Nico. His gentle touch. His accented voice. His open arms.

He took a deep breath and said the most honest thing he could,"Grover. You are my best friend. I really need you to understand. If I can't get to Nico alive, I swear to Zeus I will kill myself to get to him." And with that Percy walked out the cabin door, leaving Grover banging away at the floor of the cabin.

~~~~~

Later that night, at dinner, Percy told his other friends what he was planning.

"Percy, I get it, I really do, but would Nico want that for you?"

"Hazel's right, Percy.You need to think about this."

The eyes of Frank and his girlfriend looked back at him.

"I have thought about it!" Feeling defensive, Percy stood at the table and slapped his hands down hard.

"Percy, calm down." Frank's deep voice gently made the younger boy relax."Now, let's do this without rushing anything. Hazel? Do you have any way of asking Nico what he wants?"

~~~~

Later that very night, Percy was armed with a couple of happy meals and sodas. As soon as he handed them to Hazel, he completely zoned out. What would Nico say? Would he look the same? Would he still love Percy?

Seemingly seconds later, Hazel was gently tapping his shoulder. "Nico's here, Percy..."

Eyes wide, Percy looked up from the ground to see a god standing in front of him. Well, maybe that was exaggerating, but only a little. Nico was awe inspiringly handsome. Even more so than he remembered. Even in the same shirt from when he died (minus the hole.)

"Percy..." Nico smiled.

"Neeks!" Percy choked up," Oh my gods I'm so so sorry, I love you, I'm coming for you, I want to come to you, I want to live with you, in the Underworld, I'm coming!"

"What?" A tiny frown crossed Nico's face,"Percy, you can't, you could die! You know my father won't be pleased to see his brother's son."

"Nico... Without you I will die."

"Percy, no, I'm so sorry." Nico gave a frantic look over his shoulder and his ghost almost instantly dissipated.

"Nico!" Percy shouted his name over and over, trying to bring him back. Tears poured out of his eyes. "Nico..."

Percy barely managed to get back to his cabin before he fainted.